Tron, the men's ultimate Frisbee club, fell short of its lofty goals this weekend, but still soared to a fourth place finish out of 16 teams at the Lemony Springs tournament. The team fought through inclement weather Saturday to post a 3-0 record and finish first in its pool, before falling 9-5 in Sunday's quarterfinals to Herro, Curra, a New England club team, and finally dropping their third-place consolation game 13-10 to the University of Maine at Farmington.In Sunday's consolation game, Tron found itself on the verge of defeat, but then made a three-point run toward the end of the match to tighten the score.

Captain Matt Niedzwiecki '07 caught a pass in the end zone to bring Tron within three points at 12-9.

On the next Brandeis score, Avraham Wachs Cashman '08 threw a dump-and-swing pass to captain Adam Tornheim '06, who threw a scoring pass to Oze Henig '08. However, the comeback fell short in the end as Maine held on to take third place.

Tornheim said that the team's problem in the game was starting slowly and running out of time at the end.

"There was a lack of focus in the first half," Tornheim said. "When we started coming back, we just got into the game too late."

In semifinal action, Tron ran into Herro, Curra a talented club team assembled from some of the best players from different college teams in New England.

Before losing to Herro Cura, the team pulled off a 10-8 victory in the quarterfinals Sunday over the University of New Hampshire.

"[New Hampshire] was very athletic and they brought a lot of intensity, but with smart play and more focus we were able to beat them," Tornheim said.

Tron went undefeated in its Saturday matches, sweeping through Brown University, the College of the Holy Cross and Tufts University. For the wins, the team had to fight through nasty playing conditions that included a combination of wind, rain, snow and hail.

Niedzwiecki said that he was pleasantly surprised with the team's solid performance in the harsh conditions.

"We are usually the kind of team that plays better in the nicer weather," Niedzwiecki said. "Wind can really affect the flight of a disc, since it is rather unstable in high winds."

Tornheim emphasized the difference in strategy for an ultimate team on a day with significantly bad weather.

"You have to value the disc more," he said. "There are a lot more opportunities to score, but it is a lot harder to score, so if you are smart about it then you can convert opportunities into success."

Overall, the team's captains were happy with the experience the team gained in this tournament.

The win is especially gratifying with the upcoming sectional tournament , one of Tron's biggest events of the season, starting on April 22.

"We got to work in a lot of our guys that don't get a lot of playing time," Niedzwiecki said. "That was a goal for this tournament, to get some of the younger players playing ultimate at a high level.