*

At the end of the first half of last Sunday's AFC Championship game, the Patriots led 13-7 and prepared to add yet another chapter to the Belichick-Brady dynasty. 
After 24 minutes of play, the Ravens rolled off 21 unanswered points en route to a 28-13 victory and a dismaying end to the Patriots' 2012 season.
*
The Super Bowl, set to take place on Sunday, Feb. 3, will feature the battle of the brothers-Ravens head coach John Harbaugh and San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh.
*
The Super Bowl will also mark the culmination of Ray Lewis' "last ride," a journey that has buoyed the Ravens' road to success-against Indianapolis, through Denver, New England and now to New Orleans.
*
Meanwhile, the Patriots suffered their first-ever home loss in an AFC title game and have not won in the Super Bowl since 2004. New England head coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady will face a barrage of questions this offseason, staring at the potential end of an illustrious partnership.
*
Given the team's potent offense, it might have been a stretch for such a thought to even cross the Patriots' mind at the start of the game. Brady guided a 13-play drive at the start of the game, resulting in a 31-yard field goal by Patriots kicker Stephen Gostkowski to jump out to a 3-0 lead. Baltimore and New England's defenses hunkered down, failing to yield a score throughout the remainder of the first quarter. 
*
Ravens running back Ray Rice countered with Baltimore's first score, rushing into the end zone for a 7-3 lead at the outset of the second quarter. Brady wasn't fazed, leading a 79-yard march down the field to set up a 24-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Wes Welker
*
Gostkowski launched another short-range field goal from 25 yards to set the halftime lead at 13-7.
*
It should have been a straightforward finish to the game from there, with the Patriots running out winners. Brady boasted a 67-0 record for his squad when leading after halftime. Given that history was on Brady and the Patriots' side, it seemed that a resounding Patriots win was on the cards.
*
Yet, the Ravens marched out of the tunnel to begin the second half with a renewed sense of purpose and fervor. It may have been for Lewis, a shot at postseason glory, or their first Super Bowl since 2000; regardless, Baltimore never looked back.
*
Quarterback Joe Flacco led an across-the-field drive to open the third quarter, resulting in a five-yard touchdown pass to tight end Dennis Pitta after six minutes.
*
He also launched two short touchdown passes from the red zone into the outstretched arms of wide receiver Anquan Boldin, resulting in an insurmountable 28-13 lead.  
*
For now, though, the spotlight will shift to New Orleans as Lewis and his resilient Ravens take on the startling success story of sophomore 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and company.