Students voted in the Student Union elections for the upcoming academic year on April 4. There were 11 races for a total of 13 open seats in the Union, including for the president and vice president, who ran on a ticket together.

President and Vice President

Peyton Gillespie ’25 and Lia Bergen ’25 ran for union president and vice president, respectively. Gillespie and Bergen are currently both senators, for Massell Quad and the class of 2025, respectively. Bergen said in her bio that she and Gillespie would prioritize listening to students and plan to “develop a position on the Student Union E-Board devoted to addressing sexual violence and harassment on campus.”

Secretary

Ashna Kelkar ’24, the former executive senator, secured the position of secretary. Kelkar said in her bio that she wants to work on transparency between students and administrators as well as run “successful and smooth elections.”

Head Treasurer

Maggie Chang ’23 secured the position of head treasurer. Chang said that she has experience as deputy treasurer, which has given her “in-depth” knowledge of how treasury functions.

Junior Representative to the Board of Trustees

Shelley Polanco ’24, secured the position of JRBT. Polanco’s bio includes improving access to cultural spaces on campus as a goal.

Representatives to the Brandeis Sustainability Fund Board

Aman Qutab ’24 secured the position of representative to the BSF Board. Qutab’s goals include holding a used clothes drive in order to promote the reuse of old clothing. 

Ana Loza Pérez ’25 secured the position of representative to the BSF board. Pérez said in her bio that she has experience in reducing the use of single-use plastics, and that she plans on advocating for Brandeis to make necessary changes to increase its sustainability.

Allocations Board Member

Jacqueline Floro ’24 secured the position of one of the Allocations Board members. Floro said that she “will work with students and staff to have the needs for their clubs met.”

Lexi Lazar ’24 secured the position of one of the Allocations Board members. Lazar’s goals include increasing sustainability efforts on campus and working closely with Intercultural Center clubs in order to “make marathon a more equitable process.”

Community Enhancement and Engagement Fund Representative

Carolina Jacobs ’25 secured the position of CEEF representative unopposed. Jacobs said in her bio that she wants to “help approve and execute projects that students propose.”