Students elected five new representatives to the Student Union during its winter elections on Jan. 29, leaving two positions unfilled due to the number of abstentions. While the positions of Rosenthal Quad senator, off-campus senator, Village senator, midyear senator and Class of 2017 senator were filled, abstain won in the elections for Finance Board member and associate justice.

There will be a special election next Wednesday, Feb. 12 to fill the vacant positions, Student Union Secretary Sneha Walia '15 wrote in an email to the Justice.

Due to an error, Brandon Odze '16 was not included on the ballot for Rosenthal Quad senator. According to Walia, the ballots were fixed and sent again when this was discovered at 9:30 a.m. after elections opened at midnight on Jan. 29. All votes prior to this were invalidated and students were emailed new ballots, according to Walia.

Jesse Ruth '16 won Rosenthal Quad senator with 63 percent of the vote, or 19 of 30 votes. In an email to the Justice, Ruth wrote that he has several plans he hopes to begin soon, both for his quad and then the larger Brandeis community.

"I plan on coordinating with facilities and [Mac-Gray] to address the recurring issues we've been experiencing in the laundry facilities and working to secure funding for new exercise equipment in the cardio room," he wrote.

Michael Kosowsky '14 won the election for off-campus senator with 59 percent of the vote, or 36 of the 61 votes. Kosowsky wrote in an email to the Justice that he has already begun asking off-campus students to submit any ideas they have to him. In particular, he wrote he wishes to join the Senate Dining Committee to help "design new meal plans for off-campus students, so that we have more flexibility for on-campus eating without having to buy a very comprehensive plan."

Jeff Tan '17 was elected Village senator with 56 percent of the vote, or 58 of the 104 votes. In an email to the Justice, Tan wrote that his first goal is to improve the laundry facilities in the Village. Additionally, he wrote he hopes to arrange for compost bins to be placed on each floor of the Village.

Mitchell Beers '17 won midyear senator with 60 percent of the vote, or 48 of the 80 votes. He expressed his gratitude at being elected in an email to the Justice, writing that his first goal is to work to improve the pre-arrival and integration processes for midyears.

"I look forward to providing the viewpoint of my fellow midyears and also representing and upholding the values of the entire student body," Beers wrote.

Ben Margolin '17 was elected Class of 2017 senator with 37 percent of the vote, or 111 of the 301 votes. In an email to the Justice, he wrote about his excitement in being elected. Margolin wrote that the first thing he hopes to implement is change to the BranVan service. He wrote he "would like to see an expansion of the routes covered by the BranVan, such that it will include the shops/restaurants surrounding Bentley University," and to see that [it] will be "more reliable when it comes to return service."

Abstain won Finance Board member by 28 percent, or 196 of the 710 votes. Judy Nam '16, meanwhile, came in second with 172 votes, or 24 percent.

For associate justice, abstain won with 37 percent of the vote, or 258 of the 697 votes. Jacob Aronson '15 and Linda Phiri '16 then came in second, each receiving 22 percent of the vote, or 151 and 150 votes, respectively.