An election will be held tomorrow, from midnight to midnight, to fill seven vacant seats in the Student Union. Up for vote are candidates for Finance Board member, associate justice, Rosenthal Quad senator, midyear senator, off-campus senator, Village senator and Class of 2017 senator. The position of off-campus senator was left vacant following the election of abstain in the fall election, while the resignations of former Rosenthal Quad Senator Eden Zik '16 and former Village Senator Bowen Li '16 left those positions open.

F-Board
Students running for a seat on F-Board focused their campaigns on the improving of club funding allocation.

Igor Berman '17 wrote in an email to the Justice that he would like to have an instrumental role on campus. "If elected, I would do my best to make sure all interests of the student body get equal recognition," he wrote.

Alex Mitchell '17 said that, if elected, he wants to foster more inclusive club programming. "I hope that the promise of extra funding will encourage more clubs to have such events," he wrote in an email to the Justice.

Judy Nam '16 wrote in an email to the Justice that she wants to improve the accessibility of F-Board. Nam said she plans to announce marathon funding sessions in advance, claiming she has experienced problems with this during her past club involvement, streamline the food waiver process required of clubs not using Sodexo's food at events, update online resources and change the new Student Union Management System website to display the amount of funds allocated to each club.

Daniel Yao '16, another candidate for F-Board member, wrote he feels that money could be distributed more fairly, writing that often culture clubs receive more funds for events than other clubs.

"I know that the F-board has rules and regulations in how to disperse the money, but whether or not it's the rules and regulations or just the people themselves on the F-board that are preventing fair circulation of funds, something has to be changed for a more even, and fair distribution of money," he wrote in an email to the Justice.

Helen Stolyar '14 did not respond to requests for comment by press time.

Associate Justice
Jacob Aronson '15 wrote in an email to the Justice that he looks to his participation in mock trials as a basis for his interest in law and courts.

"There's no anticipating what case may come before the [Student] Judiciary," he wrote. "So all I can promise is my utmost sincerity that I will remain committed to talking with the other justices and remaining impartial in all dealings, seeking a clean and just solution to any problems we may encounter."

Johannes Fischer '17 cited in an interview with the Justice his "passion for equal rights" as his reason for running for associate justice. He wrote in an email to the Justice about the importance of reforming and criticizing set rules.

"[This role] would allow me to ensure that the student government and student organizations function well and with one another," he wrote.

Linda Phiri '16 wrote in an email to the Justice that over her time at Brandeis, she has interacted with different groups on campus, which "has given [her] the benefit of understanding the dynamics of our community through different lenses." Phiri wrote that because of this understanding, she "can make decisions based on a community [she has] come to understand deeply."

Rosenthal Quad Senator
The sole candidate for Rosenthal Quad senator, Jesse Ruth '16, wrote in an email to the Justice that he is running because of the physical changes he hopes to bring to his quad. In particular, Ruth wrote that he would focus on improvement to laundry services and the cardio room in Rosenthal North. Ruth also wrote that he hopes to address the speed in which Facilities Services responds to work orders, and that he wants to host more events within the quad.

Midyear Senator
Mitchell Beers '17 expressed concerns in an email to the Justice over the current transitional process for midyears. Beers wrote he would seek to improve communication, both before arrival and upon acceptance, so that future midyears do not feel the confusion or apprehension upon acceptance and arrival that Beers felt.

Shira Harary '17 wrote in an email to the Justice that she wants to be a connection between the midyear community and the Union. She wrote that she wants to hold social events for the midyears, as well as defend their ideas. She also mentioned that she wished to help implement an electronic mailroom notification service.

Jamie Wong '17 wrote in an email to the Justice that she wants to better the midyear experience, both for her and future classes. She cites improving the midyear orientation process, integrating midyears with the rest of their class and voicing any concerns of midyears as topics she would like to tackle.

Off-Campus Senator
Michael Kosowsky '14 is the sole candidate for off-campus senator. In an email to the Justice, Kosowsky wrote he hopes to fill this position that has long been vacant.

"I guarantee that I will do a better job than abstain has the past few semesters," he wrote. Specifically, he wrote he hopes to extend some services to students who live close enough to Brandeis, and to create better dining plans for off-campus students.

Village Senator
The candidates for Village senator talked about making changes within the Village itself.

Daniel Jacobson '16 wrote in an email to the Justice that he hopes to use simple changes to improve the University. Jacobson wrote that some of his ideas for change include: bringing water coolers to every floor in the Village, making frequent evaluations of laundry facilities, improving furniture and technology in Village lounges and keeping the Village open over breaks. For the larger campus community, he wrote he wants to put a tracker on the BranVan, allow the use of meals at Dunkin' Donuts and provide more time in between move in and the beginning of classes.

Jeff Tan '17 wrote in an email to the Justice that although he believes the Village is already a great place to live, he wants students there to have the best experience possible. Specifically, Tan wrote he wants to implement motion sensor lights in the Village to save energy. He wrote he also wants to get compost bins and vacuums for each floor.

Marshall Chang '16 did not respond to requests for comment by press time.

Class of 2017 Senator
Benjamin Margolin wrote in an email to the Justice that he wants to help his peers, and he said he would do this by bringing more allergy-free food options and by creating more ways for students to bring their concerns to the administration. Margolin also wrote that he would like to better campus social events so that they can include more students.

Colin Warnes wrote in an email to the Justice that as a midyear, he would like to represent the entire Class of 2017 as a means to improve the relationship between all first-years. Warnes also wrote that he would like to improve lounges in Massell Quad.

Emily Conrad and Tzlil Levy did not respond to requests for comment by press time.

-Marissa Ditkowsky conrtibuted reporting.