With the start of the new year, Boston will see a new lineup of concerts that you won’t want to miss. Whether it’s at the TD Garden or more intimate venues like the House of Blues Boston, the city always hosts the biggest concert tours of the year.

For country fans, Garth Brooks with Trisha Yearwood will be performing in TD Garden from Jan. 23 through 25. The two country singers, who have been married since 2005, have performed together in previous concerts. The Man Against Machine world tour is Brooks’ first tour in 13 years. Brooks has been a major presence in the country music industry since his first single “Much too Young (to Feel this Damn Old)” was released in 1989. More recently, Brooks has returned to performing after taking break, beside doing several charitable performances, and released his latest album and the single “People Loving People.”

Punk ska band Reel Big Fish is coming to the House of Blues Boston for what is sure to be an incredibly energetic concert. The band found mainstream success with their song “Sell Out” in 1997 but is no longer signed on to a major record company. Reel Big Fish’s last album, Candy Coated Fury, came out in 2012, and the band has announced that they are releasing a new EP, titled Happy Skalidays, in mid-December.

On March 3, Maroon 5 will perform at the TD Garden. The band’s fifth album, V, was released this past September to mixed reviews, but both singles “Maps” and “Animals” are frequent radio plays. This is the band’s second world tour after their Overexposed World Tour in 2013, although the band has toured extensively with other artists over the years. For their Boston tour date, Magic! and Rozzi Crane will open for the band.

Quincy-based band Dropkick Murphys will return to their hometown of Boston from March 12 through 15 to play four shows at the House of Blues Boston. The American Celtic punk band is best known for their song “I’m Shipping Up to Boston” that was featured in the film The Departed, but their first single “Tessie,” released in 2004, is still one of their most famous tracks. Their eighth and latest studio album Signed and Sealed in Blood was released in 2013, showing off their distinct sound and Boston attitude.

A cappella sensation Pentatonix comes to Boston on March 16 and will perform at the Agganis Arena. The band won the third season of the a cappella contest The Sing-Off on NBC in 2011 and have since released several EPs and full length albums, most recently That’s Christmas to Me.

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Neil Diamond will perform at TD Garden on March 23. Diamond has been active in the music scene since the 1960s and continues to record and release new music. In April 2013, at the first Red Sox game after the Boston Marathon bombings, Diamond performed a surprise set of “Sweet Caroline” and later released a single that’s proceeds benefitted One Fund Boston. His 32nd studio album Melody Road was released this past October.

Alternative rock band Taking Back Sunday will perform on March 26 at the House of Blues Boston. Their latest album Happiness Is was released in 2014, but their most famous album so far is Louder Now, released in 2006 and featured popular songs like “MakeDamnSure” and “Liar (It Takes One to Know One).” Although the band has not been as commercially popular in recent years, the concert will attract the band’s core following who have been loyal over the years.

Rounding out the next semester before the summer season of concerts, The Script will perform at the House of Blues Boston on May 26. The pop rock band first became popular with their songs “The Man Who Can’t Be Moved” and “Breakeven (Fall to Pieces)” in 2008 and have since released three albums, most recently No Sound Without Silence. “Superheroes” off their latest album is their most recent hit and holds a frequent spot on the radio.

Although many people tend to think of the summer as prime concert season, the next few months have plenty of local shows to keep you entertained.