The Brandeis University baseball Team has had a rocky season and is currently in the middle of a 12 game slide. Their overall record currently stands at 2-18, including 0-8 in the University Athletic Association

Judges 4, Emory 10

During the first game of a doubleheader, the Eagles were leading 3-0 after the first inning. However, the Judges would get on the board after Donnie Weisse ’20 was hit by a pitch, scoring Luke Hall ’21. In the fifth inning, the Eagles brought three more home and the Judges would eventually lose 10-4.

Judges 2, Emory 5

The second game did not bring more luck to the team. After the Judges began with two walks and then a hit to load the bases,  Issac Fossas ’21 bringing home infielder Mike Khoury ’21, to start the game strong for the Judges. However, Emory immediately answered back in the bottom of the inning, scoring two runs of their own. The Eagles maintained this lead for the rest of the game.

Judges 4, Emory 8

On Friday, April 12, the Judges dropped the first two games they played against their UAA competitor. In the first game, the Judges lost 8-4, finishing with four runs out of the eight hits that were made at play. In contrast, the Eagles had eight runs out of sixteen hits that were made. In this game, the Judges were held together by right fielder Dan O’Leary ’20.

Judges 2, Emory 5

In the second game of Friday, the Judges lost 5-2. They outhit the Eagles 12-8, but stranded 18 runners on bases. The player with the greatest impact on the game was Frey who went 3-5 with an RBI; however, it was not enough to bring the team a victory.

Judges 4, UMass Boston 11

The Beacons started off with a 5-0 lead after just two innings of play. The Judges were able to score single runs in four different innings, including two sacrifice flies from catcher Luke Hall ’21. The UMass offense was dominant, forcing the Judges to cycle through 10 pitchers on the day.

Judges 3, Case Western 8

In this game, the Spartans had a 5-0 lead after just three innings of play. In the fourth inning, Frey put Brandeis on the scoreboard with a sac fly. In the sixth inning, an errant pickoff attempt with bases loaded allowed for outfielder Donnie Weisse ’20 to make the score 5-2. However, in the ninth inning, the Spartans would widen the score gap to 8-2, an insurmountable lead.

Judges 8, Case Western 14

The second game brought a similar fate to the Judges. The Spartans sprinted out of the gates, and by the end of four-and-a-half innings, led 10-1. By the sixth inning, the Judges fought back to achieve a score of 10-8, significantly closing the score gap. However, Case Western held the Judges here and left the score at 14-8. This ended the Judges competition against the Spartans and it would take a lot for the Judges to overcome these heavy four  runs.

.

Judges 2, Case Western 5

The first game against this UAA rival was a close game as the Judges were defeated by a score of 5-2. The Judges were on the board starting at the bottom of the first inning. Shortstop Victor Oppenheimer ’20 scored coming from first base from a double batted by center field Dan Frey ’21. The visitors responded in the next half inning as Spartan Nick Glasser was brought home. However, the Spartans would pull ahead with three more runs in the 8th and eventually win 5-2.

Judges 6, Case Western 12

Game two of the day brought similar challenges. At the beginning of the eighth inning, the Judges were trailing 9-1 before infielder Scott Ziegler ’21 hit a grand slam. However, this rally ultimately fell short.