Medical Emergency

March 5—BEMCo treated a party in Ziv Quad who was experiencing abdominal pain. The party was transported to an urgent care facility via University Police cruiser.

March 7—University Police responded to a report of a party who was banging on the tables and acting disruptive in Farber Library. The party was transported to the Brandeis Counseling Center with the assistance of the Department of Community Living, and the Dean of Students Office was notified. The party was transported to Mount Auburn Hospital for psychiatric evaluation. 

March 7—Cataldo Ambulance staff assisted in a voluntary psychiatric transport to Mount Auburn Hospital. 

March 8—A party in Village Quad reported that they had injured their elbow. BEMCo staff treated the party, who was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital via University Police cruiser. 

March 8—A party in the Charles River Apartments burned their hand while cooking. BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

March 8—University Police transported an ill party from Rosenthal Quad to Newton-Wellesley Hospital.

March 9—A caller requested BEMCo assistance for a party on Loop Road who had passed out and regained consciousness. BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

March 9—BEMCo staff treated a party in the Gosman Sports and Convocation Center who had injured their knee and ankle playing sports. University Police transported the party to an urgent care facility for further care.

March 9—A party in Village Quad reported that they had cut their finger. BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

March 11—University Police responded to a call regarding an intoxicated party in a bathroom in Village Quad. BEMCo staff treated the party, who was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital via Cataldo Ambulance.

Drugs

March 5—An area coordinator in the Charles River Apartments found drug paraphernalia while conducting health and safety checks. University Police confiscated the contraband and compiled a report.

March 6—An area coordinator in Ridgewood Quad recovered drug paraphernalia while conducting health and safety checks. University Police confiscated the contraband and compiled a report.

Disturbance

March 8—A party in the Charles River Apartments reported that their ex boyfriend was yelling and banging on their apartment door, causing a disturbance. University Police identified the ex boyfriend, issued him a verbal trespass notice and escorted him off University property without incident. A certified trespass letter was sent, and the reporting party was advised of their options. 

March 11—The manager of the Stein requested assistance for several parties who had entered with open containers of alcohol and who refused to leave or cooperate with the staff. University Police dispersed the crowd, and the Stein was closed early. 

Other

March 5—Staff at the Rose Art Museum reported that there were two individuals on the roof of the museum. The two parties were identified as students who were taking photographs from a high vantage point, and they left the scene without incident at the request of the staff. University Police took no further action.

March 8—A caller reported that a dark Toyota Sienna van had been sitting outside the Berlin Chapel. University Police on the scene ascertained that the driver was dropping off a student at the Volen National Center for Complex Systems. University Police took no further action. 

March 11—University Police placed one party in protective custody due to alcohol intoxication. The party was transported to the Waltham Police station for processing, and the area coordinator on call was notified.

—Compiled by Abby Patkin