Medical Emergency

Nov. 20—BEMCo treated a party in Goldfarb Library who burned their finger. 

Nov. 21—University Police received a report of a staff member in Usdan Student Center who was feeling ill. BEMCo staff treated the party, who was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Nov. 22—A party in the Foster Mods reported that they suffered a laceration to the hand. University Police provided bandages for the bleeding, and the party’s friends drove the injured party to the hospital for further care. 

Nov. 27—Brandeis Counseling Center staff requested a voluntary psychiatric evaluation. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital, with assistance from Cataldo Ambulance staff.

Nov. 28—A party in Usdan Student Center reported that they were feeling ill. BEMCo staff treated the party, who was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Nov. 30—University Police received a report of a party who was unconscious and not breathing in the Sachar International Center at the International Business School dean’s office. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital via Cataldo Ambulance.

Dec. 1—A W.B. Mason driver was hit in the nose by a box at the Shapiro Life Sciences Building. BEMCo staff treated the driver with a signed refusal for further care.

Dec. 1—A caller reported that a female party was feeling ill from drinking too much alcohol. University Police and BEMCo responded to the scene, and the party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Dec. 2—A party reported that there was loud music coming from their building in Ziv Quad. University Police checked the area and found it quiet upon arrival.

Dec. 3—University Police received a report of a party who was having a panic attack in East Quad. The party suffered from a nerve disorder and had allegedly ingested marijuana. University Police and BEMCo staff responded to the scene, and the party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Disturbance

Nov. 21—University Police received a report of yelling outside the Charles River Apartments. University Police checked the area and found it quiet upon arrival. 

Nov. 25—A party reported the strong smell of a controlled substance in East Quad. University Police found the area normal upon arrival.

Nov. 30—A caller reported a loud argument in progress in Shapiro Hall. University Police on the scene reported that the argument was verbal and both parties had been advised to separate and leave the scene. No further action was taken by University Police.

Dec. 3—University Police received a complaint of loud music in the Foster Mods. The residents were asked to quiet down and complied without incident.

Larceny

Nov. 20—A party called University Police to report that three students had been robbed at gunpoint by two suspects, both described as Black males in their early- to mid-teens. One male had cornrows and was reportedly dressed in a black goose down winter jacket. Department of Community Living staff, University Police, Bentley University Police and Waltham Police responded to the scene, and the three students were brought to the University Police station to give statements. Law enforcement officials were unable to locate the suspects, and the investigation is still ongoing. 

Nov. 21—A staff member at the Gosman Sports and Convocation Center reported that there had been a theft from the men’s locker room. University Police compiled a report on the incident.

Other

Nov. 20—Waltham Police requested University Police assistance in locating a party suspected in an incident of breaking and entering. Law enforcement officials worked along the fence line behind the Abraham Shapiro Academic Complex,  but were unable to locate the suspect. 

Nov. 20—Some time after law enforcement officials attempted to locate a breaking and entering suspect, University Police stopped a party near Usen Castle matching the suspect’s description. Waltham Police were called to speak to the party, and University Police compiled a report on their involvement. 

Nov. 25—A Waltham Police officer observed a Brandeis student committing a traffic violation on South Street. The driver pulled into the Charles River Apartments, University Police assisted Waltham Police in stopping the car, and the Waltham officer issued a citation.

Nov. 28—DCL staff reported a party sitting next to a vehicle in the Theater Lot. DCL spoke to the party, who said they were fine. DCL requested an officer to check on the party, who was on their cell phone and did not appear to be in distress. University Police took no further action. 

Nov. 29—A party in the Gosman Sports and Convocation Center reported that they saw a suspicious male party in the men’s locker room. The suspicious party was described as being approximately 6’2” and 30 years old with blond hair, a beard and a gray Harley Davidson hoodie. The reporting party believed that their locker had been broken into. University Police will investigate the matter.

—Compiled by Abby Patkin