On Sunday, the Senate convened for their weekly meeting to discuss upcoming events and campus improvements.

The meeting began with the process of club chartering, recognition and name-changes. The Brandeis Global Medical Brigades had requested to change their name to Brandeis Global Brigades but was not present at the meeting.

Student Union President Sneha Walia ’15 spoke about the training process for new E-board members and the upcoming elections meeting on Tuesday at 6 p.m. for the second round of Student Union elections, which will be held the following Wednesday. Walia also addressed the several upcoming Union events, including ’Deis Day, a deans breakfast at Einstein Bros. Bagels and Relays for Life, which will take place in two weeks. The Senate also discussed the upcoming Thursday event in which students will be able to discuss what qualities they want to see in the next University president, as well as a financial transparency event to be hosted by Senior Vice President for Students and Enrollment Andrew Flagel and a collaboration between Provost Lisa Lynch and students on divestment and sustainability. Several discussions of Senate Money Resolutions and changes in by-laws were moved to next week.

Committee chairs gave reports on different upcoming improvements. The Services and Outreach Committee discussed the finalizations of the Midnight Buffet, including the approval of T-shirts and specifics on food and lights. The Dining Committee discussed the meal plan changes and agreed to send out an email by Sunday evening to the community. The Social Justice and Diversity Committee addressed their upcoming poetry slam to take place on Thursday, and the Campus Operations Working Group addressed their improvements, including the finalization of workout equipment in the Charles River apartments.

During senator reports, Class of 2016 Senator and President-elect Nyah Macklin said that the Class of 2016 ski trip had been cancelled but that the money was being saved for next year.