University Trustee Meyer Koplow '72, who stepped down from the chairmanship of the Presidential Search Committee after receiving a nomination for University president, "has asked the search committee to withdraw his nomination," according to Chair of the Presidential Search Committee Stephen Kay's update on the Presidential Search Web site. Kay's original Feb. 1 message on the search Web site was updated Feb. 4."[Koplow] does not want to be considered a candidate and is not available to serve," Kay wrote in his online update. Koplow could not be reached despite repeated requests for comment.

Vice President of Communications and External Affairs Andrew Gully wrote in an e-mail to the Justice that "[Koplow's] focus now is on budget and finance." Koplow is still serving as the chair of the Board of Trustees' Budget and Finance Committee and a member of the Board's Executive Committee.

The search for the next president began after University President Jehuda Reinharz announced his intention to resign in a Sept. 24 campuswide e-mail.

Reinharz will remain president until a new president has been selected or until June 30, 2011, according to a Sept. 24 University press release.

At last Thursday's faculty meeting, member of the Presidential Search Committee Prof. Len Saxe (BCHM) announced that the Faculty Advisory Committee is reviewing a draft candidate profile and case statement.

A case statement is a document detailing the University's "goals and aspirations for a new president," according to the Presidential Search Web site.

In his presentation to faculty, Saxe said that the candidate profile and case statement will be available to other constituencies, including students. "My understanding is that the [Presidential Search Committee] will be in direct contact with the Student Advisory Committee [about the draft candidate profile and case statement]," Saxe wrote in an e-mail to the Justice.

The two documents will then be available for comment on the search Web site.

Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates, the search firm that was selected last week to help in the search process, will also be involved in creating the final versions of the two documents, according to Saxe's presentation.

Co-chair of the Faculty Advisory Committee Prof. Anita Hill (Heller) declined to comment on the draft documents. Prof. Robin F. Miller (GRALL), the other chair of the advisory committee, did not respond to repeated requests for comment by press time.

"We're hoping within the next several weeks to go public with the effort to identify candidates," Saxe said at the meeting.

In his e-mail to the Justice, Saxe further explained, "Along with posting materials on the website, I also expect that there will be advertisements and other outreach to potential candidates."

-Miranda Neubauer contributed reporting.