The 10th Annual A Cappella Fest took place this past Wednesday, and the show was a great success. The Brandeis community raised over $700 for the Shana Foundation, a nonprofit corporation organized to educate health care professionals and the public about bacterial meningitis. Hosted by Starving Artists, the show started off with a performance by Voices of Soul. Prior to each group's act, the audience learned a fun fact about it. Apparently, all members of Voices of Soul are bilingual. They kicked off their set with "If I Ain't Got You," featuring solos by Ji Yun Lee '11 and Darlene Zephyrine '12. The girls rocked it out, and the audience broke into applause when they paused for breath before the song had even ended. Making a shift, the group turned up the sex appeal with "Alright," which included a solo by Josh Kahane '12.

Rocking T-shirts and yarmulkes, Jewish Fella A Cappella took over. Their fun fact? After A Cappella Fest, they headed out to walk to a gig in Newton. JFAC sang a fun version of the Passover classic "Dayenu" complete with adorably cheesy choreography and finished their set with "Juicy Tongue on Rye," an ode to a deli in Brookline and a spoof of the Beatles' "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."

Company B (which is also, apparently, a bobsled team) took the stage after JFAC. They started their set with "Woodstock," which featured a solo by Liza Behrendt '11. The sopranos rocked some serious high notes before David Neiditch '09 out-falsettoed them with his solo in "Witchy Woman."

There was a brief interlude between groups as first-year Eric Freeman (Starving Artists' resident technical genius) rushed onstage to work with the sound system before Manginah took the stage. A fun fact about Manginah: if you don't know what they're saying, don't worry-neither do approximately 42 percent of their members. Manginah dove right in with "Kama od Efshar." The song included Harrison Bannett's '11 amazing tenor belt. Manginah finished its set with a crowd favorite, "Happy Ending," during which Jennifer Levy '12, Becky Fisher '10 and Harrison Kessler '09 performed solos.

The last act before intermission, Rather Be Giraffes (who are apparently changing their "RBG" acronym to mean "Revolutionary Butt Gangsters"), came on stage rocking their signature ties. They started off with a debut song that brought us back to childhood-the "Nickelodeon Medley," which featured solos by most of the group and tributes to shows like All That, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold, Doug and more. Keeping us in a nostalgic mood for a different era of music, they closed off the first act with "Zoot Suit Riot," with soloist Jordan Talan '12 serenading the audience into intermission.

Estrogen levels climbed in the room before intermission even ended, and when Brandeis' resident boy band VoiceMale was announced, the ladies in the audience screamed so loud that the sound system shrieked with feedback. Fortunately, no panties were thrown, and VoiceMale-the self-proclaimed smelliest a cappella group on campus-took the stage to thunderous applause. They too sang a debut song, a VoiceMale original called "Please Don't Go," featuring soloist Noah Schnoll '09. Going out on a lively note, they finished their set with "When the Lights Go Out," a piece accompanied by choreography from the lovely Julie Judson '11. Predictably, the girls once again went crazy, and the boys collected their clothing from the stage and the audience at the end of the song.

Toning down the hormone levels and giving the ladies in the audience time to cool down, all-girl group Too Cheap for Instruments took the stage. Their fun fact? They were absolutely, completely, utterly too proud to plug their album in front of-oh, wait. Oops. They began with "Dark Island," an Irish folk song with a solo by Hannah Cross '11 and finished their set with "My Favorite Mistake."

Proscenium (which is apparently Swahili for "yo mama") followed TCFI. Members brought out their fun side and gave the audience some good-intentioned advice with "Mama Says" from Footloose, featuring a solo by Jonathan Muchin '11 before cooling down and heating up again with "Mama Who Bore Me" from Spring Awakening, featuring Megan McGrath '12.

Closing out the night, host group Starving Artists took the stage to wild applause. They kicked off their set with crowd favorite "Everywhere," featuring soloist Morgan Schwartz '11, before heading into "Heard it Through the Grapevine." "Grapevine" featured soloist Lisa Berger '12 as well as some very Voicemale-like choreography by the suit-clad male members of the group (not that there were any complaints from the girls in the audience). SA finished the night with a debut song titled "Bigger than My Body," which contained a solo by Jordan Brown '12 who, despite pouting at an uncooperative microphone before the song started, rocked out his solo and finished the night on a great (excuse the pun) note.

A reminder to those who weren't able to make the show: Manginah, Rather Be Giraffes, Voicemale and Too Cheap for Instruments have soon-to-be or just-released albums that you should definitely keep an eye out for.