After months of searching, the Hiatt Career Center hired its new director; Joseph DuPont, the creator of the career services office at Teach for America. Brandeis is not the first university experience for DuPont. Besides Teach for America, he also worked at New York University career office for five years.

"I think I left [Teach For America] in good hands," DuPont said. "Now I want to help Hiatt take the career office to the next level."

Teach for America is the number one employer of Brandeis graduates, Rusmir Music, an assistant director at Hiatt, said.

The previous Hiatt Director, Marty Ford, resigned last November after approximately two-and-a-half years. Barbara Fienman has served as the Center's interim director until this year.

"The search took a while," Music said. "We had to make sure we got the right person."

The new director will need to "relate to lots of different groups and audiences and learn what it is they need to do in order to serve them," Associate Hiatt Director KateKavanagh said in an earlier interview with the Justice.

DuPont, who officially started his new position Monday, said he has been in and out of the office during the summer, meeting his new colleagues.

DuPont is enthusiastic about his new position. "I think this is going to be a really exciting year," he said.

"I've had a wonderful first day and I am thrilled to be at Brandeis."

In the following months DuPont said he will be working closely with students and organizations such as the Student Union to figure how best to partner with constituencies on campus.

"He is an energetic and accomplished career services professional who will be a visible and

strong presence on this campus," Vice President of Studentsand Enrollment Jean Eddy wrote in a campuswide e-mail announcing the appointment.

Last May Kavanagh told the Justice that changes were ahead for the Center in the fall.

Hiatt has begun training its new undergraduate advisors in order to create a connection between the Center and academic departments.

Hiatt will also expand the role of the Hiatt ambassadors, Kavanagh said, in an effort to improve "outreach to employers to sponsor more internships.