It was a hungry college student's dream come true: A van filled with 90 pizzas and several packages of candy, all free of charge, arrived at residence halls last Friday night.The Munchie Mobile, an initiative by Student Events to provide late-night snacks on weekends, made six stops from East Quad to the Foster Mods between 11:30 p.m. and 1 a.m. for the second weekend this year.

Student Events officials said they would like the Mobile, which debuted last month, to stop by dorms once a month.

Sarah Klein '08, the group's assistant director of social events, said the Munchie Mobile was "a huge success" the first time it ran in October, and Louis-Louis, a celebration of Louis Brandeis' 150th birthday, seemed like the perfect time to bring it back.

"It was pretty cool," North Quad resident Beth Shriber '10 said. "The fact that [Student Events is] giving us free food is always appreciated, though I wish there could have been more of a variety."

Klein said the Munchie Mobile van belongs to former Student Union President Jenny Feinberg '07.

The 90 pizzas cost $450, and snacks for both this run and last month's came to a total cost of $200, Klein said.

North Quad residents seemed appreciative of the free food last Friday night, when over 40 of them gathered around the picnic tables outside the dorms to receive the snacks.

At the van's stop behind Ziv Commons, around 50 students eagerly approached the van for pizza, chips and candy.

"Student Events tries to create more social events on this campus, especially when there have been complaints that it is severely lacking," Klein said.

It was surprising, though, Klein said that so many upperclassmen took advantage of the food because on the last run, the majority of snacks were distributed in first-year quads.

Klein said Student Events-which receives almost $200,000 annually from the Student Activities Fee, which all undergraduates pay into through a fee equal to 1 percent of tuition-has focused more on planning based on student feedback, and this popular event is an example to that end.