Triskelion was once a force to be reckoned with on campus, providing political, educational and social resources to Brandeis' sizeable queer community. In the past few years, however, the influence of Trisk has waned significantly, resulting in a void that needs to be filled. As well as providing awareness and social events, Trisk also provides peer-to-peer counseling and support for students coming to terms with their sexual identity. It is clear that for Trisk to regain its stature, there must be additional leadership. This should not come only from students, but also from a paid staff adviser who would serve as an advocate and organizer for Trisk and the entire queer community.

The success of staff members aiding students in running their organizations can be seen in other clubs on campus, such as Hillel and Student Events. As an organization with the ability to affect a great number of students, Trisk deserves the same University support.

Presiding over a club is not an easy task, and can turn into a full-time job. Trisk, because of its many functions, is not an easy club to operate. Despite their valiant efforts, students cannot be expected to effectively make Trisk all it needs to be. Rather, students must be able to work alongside a professional. Trisk's recent efforts during the event-filled Pride Month ended a period of relative inactivity.

It is time for Trisk to regain its influence on campus. In part indebted to staff support, the Intercultural Center has had a great influence on the Brandeis campus. Trisk, with similar assistance, can regain its prominence. The queer community and Brandeis students in general deserve an organization to serve their needs. Trisk must find its voice, but can only do this with the help of professional leadership.