Last week, Brandeis Athletics and Andrea Dine, Brandeis Vice President of Student Affairs, announced the new Director of Athletics, Jessica Chapin ’10. Chapin is currently the Director of Athletics at American International College and will leave the institution after a successful 10-year career with the Yellowjackets. She comes to Brandeis with extensive experience and success in fundraising, National Collegiate Athletic Association committee work, and winning records.

Chapin’s predecessor, Lauren Haynie, was promoted to be Brandeis’ Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs last fall and Haynie graciously juggled both within her new role as well as the role of Director of Athletics. According to Brandeis Athletics, Haynie commented “Andrea and I worked very closely with the search committee, campus colleagues, faculty, department staff and student-athletes to identify experienced and qualified candidates for the role. Jessica's energy, passion, and clear enthusiasm for Brandeis were evident through every step of the search process, and we cannot wait to see how she seizes this opportunity.” Student-athletes and coaches as well as the search committee were able to provide feedback on the finalists in the interview process for the decision so that the community could make their voices heard.

The 13th Director of Athletics in school history, Chapin has already had plenty of success at Brandeis. As a student-athlete, she was a two-time Women's Basketball Coaches Association All-American. The women’s basketball player was also named the University Athletic Association Player of the Year as a senior and she was a four-time All-UAA selection.

As a student, as per Brandeis Athletics, Chapin received a degree in Psychology and Health: Science, Society and Policy. As a graduate student at Springfield College, she then got her Master’s degree in Sports Administration in 2013. Before joining the staff at American International, she spent four years as an assistant coach at Western New England University.

Chapin declared her excitement for “the possibilities that lie ahead,” and we wish her the best in her endeavors in this new position leading Brandeis Athletics. Her tenure will begin on June 3, 2024.