“Jury Duty” is a weekly column that spotlights different Brandeis student-athletes. Please email sports@thejustice.org if you would like to nominate someone. We hope to bridge the gap between student-athletes and non student-athletes by highlighting relatable content to make the community feel more approachable. If you see a highlighted athlete around campus, introduce yourself! Or head to Gosman and cheer them on. 

Bronwyn Rothman-Hall ’25, a member of the Brandeis women’s fencing team, had a standout meet at the Eric Sollee Invitational on Jan. 27. At the Eric Sollee Invitational she went 11-5, on the day, going undefeated against Stevens University and carrying the Judges to victory. The junior epee co-captain has had strong performances this season and has been a leader on and off the fencing strip, with a 40-35 record in total bouts this season as well. 

Rothman-Hall was a 2021-2022 University of San Francisco Division III All-Region Honorable Mention in Epee and a Big One Tournament Quarterfinalist in epee. Her freshman year she earned second team All America honors for Division III. Along with her athletic commitments, she is in the Adagio Dance Ensemble and a Roosevelt Fellow, serving to advise fellow students and maintain a bright presence within the Brandeis Community.

Off of the strip, you can find Rothman-Hall hanging out around Upper Usdan or working hard at Gosman. In warmer months, you can find her snacking on mocha chip ice cream, and year-round you can find her listening to genres like country and reggaeton. One of her favorite artists is Jordan Davis. A fun fact about Rothman-Hall is that she has seen "Pitch Perfect" upwards of 15 times. Show out by attending fencing meets and supporting her in her extracurricular endeavors around campus, and don’t hesitate to introduce yourself! Go Judges!