The University Athletic Association (UAA) honored eight Brandeis student athletes across the three eligible fall sports for their outstanding achievements – five from men’s soccer, two from women’s soccer, and one from volleyball.

The men’s soccer team finished the season 3-8-6, with four players named to the UAA second team and one player with an honorable mention. All three captains were named to the second team.

Andres Gonzalez ‘25, a center back and captain tasked with leading a new backline with lots of turnover, stood his ground with just 18 goals conceded in 17 matches. A defensive and offensive force to be reckoned with, he played his part on the attacking end, scoring his fourth goal in three years against Eastern Connecticut State.

Rainer Osselman-Chai ‘26, a sophomore, followed his 2022 UAA Rookie of the Year honor with a second-team recognition. He held down the middle of the field this season, notching three goals and an assist. His goals included a winning goal in the final minute against  WashU, a belting free-kick at MIT, and a bar-down equalizer at NYU in their thrilling 3-3 draw.

Captain Roee Maor ‘24 had perhaps the biggest breakout season of any player in the UAA as a senior. He scored five goals, four of which came in conference, and included an outrageous half volley (a kick where the player hits the ball mid-air) from the semicircle in midfield and multiple other screamers, or long distance goals.

Captain Sancho Maroto Tobias ‘24 joined Maor with five goals, as well as four assists in his senior season. These included two goals versus high-ranked Babson and two games with a goal and assist en route to back-to-back second team selections. Both he and Maor transferred from Division I schools a year ago, completing highly successful careers in their two years as Judges.

Goalkeeper Quintin Wrabley ‘25 was also recognized as an honorable mention for his heroic performances in the net. In his first season as a starter, Wrabley did not disappoint. The junior had a UAA-leading 80 saves and 43 in conference saves, which included a career-high 14 in the final game v NYU. He finished the season with an impressive .777% save percentage.

The women’s soccer team finished the season 6-8-3, with two players earning UAA honorable mentions.

Captain Rachel Watler ‘25 started all 17 matches, leading a strong backline the whole season. She had a particularly dominant presence in New England, with just seven goals conceded in ten non-conference matchups. Watler was the team’s leader in assists, ending the campaign with a team-high four assists.

Goalkeeper Hannah Bassan ‘25 also earned an honorable mention for her valiant work in goal. A three-year starter, Bassan took the starting position by the scruff of the neck as a first-year and has now accumulated 45 career starts. Bassan recorded career highs this season in saves (53) and save percentage (.779%). 32 of her saves were in conference, with a season-high eleven versus Rochester.

The volleyball team ended their season 10-18, with one particular stand out.

Lara Verstovsek ‘25 was given UAA second team honors for her elite play as an outside hitter, dominating her competition and setting many personal records along the way. This is the second time she has been given this honor, having done so as a first-year as well, and she was also named as an honorable mention a year ago. Verstovsek led the UAA in kills (3.93) and points (4.47) per set, setting career highs as well in both categories. She set a single-game career high in kills (25) against Smith College, later matching that total versus Wellesley. Verstovsek was also recognized separately by the American Volleyball Coaches Association, selected to its All-Region II Team for the second time. This makes her eligible to be selected as an All-American.

This fall showed just how much potential the Judges have and how much their hard work paid off. As several of these players still have time left in their careers, their future with these well-earned accolades certainly looks bright.