Executive Senator Nicholas Kanan ’23 opened the Feb. 5 Senate meeting with an executive session, which allows the senate to meet in total privacy, without members of the public or press present. President Peyton Gillespie ’25 and Chief Justice Noah Risley ’24 were also present for this motion.

Once the executive session concluded, the Senate resumed its normal business. The Senate voted by acclamation to confirm Evelyn Bagley ’26 as the new director of residential life. Bagley said that they have extensive experience working on affordable housing projects and with non-profits relating to housing.

Sen. Zev Carlyle ’23 proposed a Senate Money Resolution to purchase cookies for a film screening he is hosting relating to climate change. The Senate expedited and approved the SMR by acclamation.

Ephraim Zimmerman ’25 presented on the Quantitative Finance and Modeling club, requesting that the Senate charter the club and approve its name change to just “Quant” club. Zimmerman said that the club’s purpose is primarily to educate its members on financial modeling and “how to think quantitatively.” The Senate chartered Quant club by acclamation.

Lauren Swartz ’26 presented to the Senate to ask that they give probationary status to the Lacrosse club. Swartz said that the club would be co-ed, with half of the field for women’s lacrosse and the other half for men’s. She also said that students who do not identify with either of those terms may choose the one they are more comfortable with.