The Los Angeles Rams have won Super Bowl LVI against the Cincinnati Bengals. This is the second Super Bowl win in franchise history after they won the Super Bowl XXXIV against the Tennessee titans in 1999, reported CBS news. 

Matthew Stafford, the Rams quarterback, completed 26 of 40 passes for a total of 283 yards. Cooper Kupp, wide receiver for the Rams, caught eight passes for 92 yards and scored two out of the three touchdowns for the Rams. The third touchdown was caught by Odell Beckham Jr., another wide receiver for the Rams. Even though he played well, Beckham Jr. left the game after the second quarter due to a non-contact knee injury. 

The Rams offense was not the only part of the team on fire; their defense also played very well. The Rams defense combined for seven sacks, and defensive tackle Aaron Donalds and outside linebacker Von Miller were able to knock down Bengals quarterback, Joe Burrow twice. 

The Rams controlled a majority of the first half, according to CNN sport, with receivers Beckham Jr, and Kupp scoring the first two touchdowns of the day. The Bengals then came back late in the second quarter with a trick play that led to an interception by safety Jessie Bates III.

Burrow was able to complete 22 of 23 passes for a total of 263 yards and a touchdown. Cincinnati running back Joe Moxon also tossed one touchdown pass. Out of halftime, Burrow was able to throw the ball to Higgins for a 75-yard touchdown pass. This play caused controversy as the replay showed that Higgins grabbed hold of cornerback Jalen Ramsey’s face mask, and no penalty was called.

Despite the controversy, the play put Cincinnati in the lead 17–13. The Bengals then increased their lead to 20–13 before the Rams finally won the game with the final ten points of the game, making the final score 20–23.

The Rams were able to gain control of the game when Cincinnati fell short in the 4th down when Rams lineman, Aaron Donald, pressured Joe Burrow into a flailing pass attempt causing him to fall onto the turf. This play turned the ball back over to the Rams giving them their 20–23 victory.

Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp was named the game’s MVP. Kupp was the player who caught the game winning touchdown for the Rams with fewer than two minutes on the clock. Kupp had eight receptions for 92 yards and two touchdowns. Kupp grabbed the game sealing touchdown with a 1-yard reception in the end zone from quarterback Stafford with a minute and a half left on the clock.  

This is also a historic win for Rams coach Sean McVay. McVay is now the youngest coach ever to win a Super Bowl, having turned 36 years old on Jan. 24th. He took the record from the Steelers coach who was 36 years, 10 months and 18 days old when he won Super Bowl XLIII in 2009.