Welcoming in the fall weather and the beginning of October, Waltham residents attended several outdoor community events, including the unveiling of the new Moody Street Fire Station, a farmers’ market and an outdoor gallery walk.

On Saturday, Oct. 2, the Waltham Farmers’ Market hosted local vendors from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Stands open at the weekly event included Boston Smoked Fish Co., Wellwood Farm and Sibling Organic Crops. The market is held rain or shine in the parking lot of the Embassy Theater off Moody Street in downtown Waltham. Per their website, the Farmers’ Market aims to provide accessible ways for community members to buy affordable food, support local farms and businesses and provide a community gathering space. The market will continue its weekly posting in town on Saturdays up to the end of October, according to its Facebook Page. 

While the Farmers Market was held, Waltham City Arts hosted its Waltham Art Window Walk. In collaboration with Waltham Open studios, the two groups acquired window space from Moody Street businesses for pieces by local artists. The free tour was open to the public, with the route beginning at Tea Leaf at 487 Moody St. According to the City of Waltham Facebook Page, seven businesses participated. 

The widely promoted ribbon-cutting ceremony for the opening of Moody Street Fire Station also took place on Oct. 2. Waltham Mayor Jeannette A. McCarthy, Fire Chief Thomas Macinnis and the City Council were all involved in the ceremony. According to a Patch Article by Annie Sandoli, the renovation project cost 9.3 million dollars for necessary updates to the 19th century station. Participants were offered a tour of the facility following the ribbon cutting.