The Justice Resource Institute, in partnership with the Waltham Alliance for Teaching, Community Organizing and Housing, held a mobile COVID-19 vaccine clinic on Saturday, Oct. 23 at the WATCH office on Crescent Street. WATCH CDC, Waltham’s Community Development Corporation, facilitates events surrounding affordable housing, adult education and leadership development. The vaccine clinic did not require documents or pre-registration for a vaccine, allowing it to be accessible to a large number of community members. The vaccine provided was Johnson & Johnson, and participants could enter to win an assortment of prizes. 

On the morning of Oct. 23, Waltham Recreation facilitated a scenic plant walk through Prospect Hill Park, the city’s wooded natural park featuring trails, picnic areas and scenic views of nature. Lesley Sneddon, regional ecologist and author of  “A Walk in the Park: A Guide to Plant Communities at Prospect Hill Park,” led the tour. This fall marks the rollout of several new amenities within the park, such as a playground, basketball courts and a mini-golf course.  

Next Saturday, Oct. 30, Waltham Recreation will host Halloween on Moody Street, a free afternoon of kid-friendly festive celebrations. The event will offer a bounce house, bowling, crafts, face painting and a variety of games centered around the autumn holiday.