Phantom Gourmet Food Festival hosted an event on Saturday, Sept. 25, on Moody Street, Waltham’s historic commercial district. At the event community members sampled foods and beverages from a variety of vendors and restaurants.The range of vendors spanned from J.P.’s Twisted BBQ to Dumpling Daughter and Cheesy Sweet Grille, as listed on the Phantom Gourmet website. The festival ran from noon to 3 p.m., partially overlapping with the Waltham Farmers’ Market. 

The event began at the Charles River Greenway, which is currently blocked off to serve as a pedestrian only walkway, and was open to those 21 years or older. The event’s COVID-19 precautions included temperature checks and multiple sanitation stations. This year’s iteration of the festival marked the first time that Phantom Gourmet held the event outside of Boston, according to a recent Patch article. Previously, Boston City Hall, as well as the Fenway area, served as the location. 

The Motorheads Classic Car Show took place the following day, Sunday, Sept. 26, at Gore Place, the historic country house and museum, whose land spans 45 acres. The cars on display included those of the Motorheads Car Club as well as submissions from community members. The show, as advertised on its flyer, included standard fair traditions such as a raffle, a DJ, community vendors and food, as well as face painting for children. All proceeds collected will benefit the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.