Sen. Joseph Coles ’22 announced at the Feb. 21 Union Senate meeting that the Brandeis Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance planned to split off from its national parent organization and rebrand itself as the Intersectional Feminist Coalition.

Coles did not discuss the reason for the split but said that the group would be restructuring its constitution because of the change. The Senate voted unanimously to allow the club to proceed.

Vice President Krupa Sourirajan ’23 followed with a reminder that the Student Union is still offering free masks to students and faculty. Many of the original masks are still available, she said, and students can acquire them in the Student Union Office in the Shapiro Campus Center.

Following up on last week’s business, the Senate voted unanimously in favor of a Senate Money Resolution to pay the Copy Center to print dental dam condom posters, proposed and designed by Sen. Skye Liu ’23. Once printed, the posters will be placed on condom dispensers around campus for the purpose of informing students how to turn the condoms into dental dams. The 70 posters cost a total of $15.40.

The Senate also voted unanimously to approve all seven new members of the Constitutional Review Task Force. The Task Force is established every three years to review the Union Constitution and by-laws. The newly confirmed members are President Kendal Chapman ’22; Associate Justices Sophia Reiss ’23 and Gabriella Lieberman ’23; Senators Joseph Coles ’22, Asher Brenner ’24 and Adian Vinograd ’23; and Director of Residential Life Nancy Zhai ’22.

At the end of the meeting, Sen. Ben Topol ’24 proposed an amendment to the by-laws which would make the “Facilities and Housing Committee” the “Facilities, Housing, and Transportation Committee.” Topol proposed the amendment to give the Committee the ability to influence University policy surrounding on- and off-campus student transportation. It also adds the Department of Public Safety as one of the groups the Committee can work with to advance its goals, as the Department of Public Safety is in charge of campus shuttles and the BranVan. The Senate will vote on the amendment next week.