After a hectic offseason and a lack of preseason, the season officially kicked off the night of Thursday Sept. 10, as the defending Super Bowl Champions, the Kansas City Chiefs, faced the Houston Texans at Arrowhead Stadium. Another 15 games were played throughout Sunday and Monday, providing fans with plenty of action and a semblance of sports normalcy.

Here’s a brief recap of the games that were in action during week one.

Chiefs 34, Texans 20

On Thursday night, Kansas City began their title defense with a decisive victory over Houston, putting up 31 unanswered points after the Texans’ first score. Top performers include Chiefs quarterback and 2018 MVP Patrick Mahomes, who threw for 211 yards and three touchdowns, as well as Chiefs running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who rushed for 138 yards and one touchdown in his NFL debut.

Seahawks 38, Falcons 25

Seattle’s Russell Wilson was 31-for-35 on Sunday afternoon and threw four touchdown passes in the Seahawks’ win over Atlanta. Jamal Adams and Todd Gurley impressed in their Seattle and Atlanta debuts, respectively, as Adams made 12 tackles and a sack and Gurley rushed for a touchdown.

Bills 27, Jets 17

Josh Allen put up 369 total yards in Buffalo’s win over the New York Jets. Allen had two touchdown passes and one rushing touchdown and found Stefon Diggs eight times for 86 yards. Jamison Crowder led the Jets offense with 115 receiving yards and one touchdown. 

Bears 27, Lions 23

Mitch Trubisky threw three touchdown passes as the Chicago Bears just nearly held on to the win over Detroit Sunday afternoon. Adrian Peterson had 93 rushing yards for the Lions.

Packers 43, Vikings 34

Green Bay started off the season with a win over Minnesota, as two time MVP Aaron Rodgers threw 364 yards for four touchdowns. Davante Adams had 14 receptions for 156 yards and two touchdowns. Adam Thielan led the way for Minnesota, recording 110 receiving yards and two touchdowns.

Patriots 21, Dolphins 11

In his New England debut, quarterback Cam Newton recorded 75 yards on the ground and two rushing touchdowns for a total of 15 carries, the most by any Patriots quarterback in a single game. He also had 155 passing yards, finding Julian Edelman five times for 57 yards. On defense, the Patriots picked Miami quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick off three times to secure the win.

Washington 27, Eagles 17

The Eagles gave up a 17-point lead in a loss to The Washington Football Team. Washington’s defense came to play, as they sacked Carson Wentz eight times and picked him off twice. Ryan Kerrigan recorded his 91st and 92nd career sack to become Washington’s all-time sack leader. Philadelphia’s Dallas Goedert had eight receptions for 101 yards and a touchdown.

Raiders 34, Panthers 30

Joshua Jacobs ran for 93 yards and three touchdowns as Las Vegas squeaked by Carolina. Derek Carr and Teddy Bridgewater each threw for 200+ yards and a touchdown. Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey rushed for 97 yards and two touchdowns and wide receiver Robby Anderson had 114 receiving yards and a touchdown.

Jaguars 27, Colts 20

Gardner Minshew led the Jaguars in their win over Indianapolis, with three touchdown passes. Philip Rivers threw for 363 yards and one touchdown and two interceptions, finding Parris Campbell six times for 71 yards.

Ravens 38, Browns 6

Reigning MVP Lamar Jackson recorded 300+ total yards and three touchdowns to lead Baltimore to a blowout win over the Browns. Marquise Brown had five receptions for 101 yards. Cleveland’s quarterback, Baker Mayfield, threw for 189 yards, one touchdown and one interception.

Chargers 16, Bengals 13

In a close loss to Los Angeles, Cincinnati's Joe Burrow, last year’s Heisman winner and overall number one draft pick, threw for 193 yards and one interception in his NFL debut. He also rushed for 46 yards and one touchdown. The Chargers’ Tyrod Taylor recorded 208 yards in the air, finding Hunter Henry five times for 73 yards.

Saints 34, Buccaneers 23

Tom Brady logged 239 yards, three touchdowns, and two interceptions in his Tampa Bay debut against New Orleans. Drew Brees, Saints quarterback and NFL all-time passing yards leader, threw for 160 yards and two touchdowns, finding Jared Cook five times for 80 yards in the win over the Buccaneers.

Cardinals 24, 49ers 20

Kyler Murray recorded a total of 321 yards with two total touchdowns and one interception in Arizona’s win over the 2019 Super Bowl runner-up team. DeAndre Hopkins had 14 receptions for 151 yards. Jimmy Garoppolo threw for 259 yards and two touchdowns, finding Raheem Mostert four times for 95 yards and a touchdown.

Rams 20, Cowboys 17

Malcolm Brown led the way for the Rams with two rushing touchdowns in their win over Dallas on Sunday night. Jared Goff had 275 yards in the air, finding Robert Woods six times for 105 yards. Ezekiel Elliot rushed for 96 yards and a touchdown, and Amari Cooper had 10 receptions for 81 yards.

Steelers 26, Giants 16

Ben Roethlisberger logged 229 yards with three touchdowns to lead Pittsburgh to a season-opening win over the Giants on Monday night. Benny Snell Jr. logged 113 rushing yards, and Juju Smith-Schuster caught two touchdowns. New York quarterback Daniel Jones threw for 279 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions, and Darius Slayton had 102 receiving yards and two touchdowns.

Titans 16, Broncos 14

The Titans snatched a Monday night win from Denver with a game-winning field goal. Ryan Tannehill threw two touchdown passes, Derrick Henry logged 116 rushing yards and Corey Davis had 101 receiving yards in the win. Drew Lock threw for 216 yards and two touchdowns for the Broncos, finding Noah Fant five times for 81 yards and a touchdown.