On Feb. 29 and March 1, the Brandeis Track and Field teams participated in the University Athletic Association championships hosted by New York University at The Armory in New York City, NY. During the first day of the competition, the Judges had two All-Association performances, one for each the men and women. The Judges had one All-Association event each for the men and the women. On the men's side, it was Jack Allen ’20, who placed third and earned individual honors in the long jump with a personal-best distance of 6.90 meters. This was Allen’s first All-UAA honor indoors. On the women's side, the women’s distance medley team of Andrea Bolduc ’21, Sydney D’Amaddio ’23, Victoria Morrongiello ’23 and Niamh Kenney ’21 finished with a time of 12:08.92, nearly two seconds faster than Carnegie Mellon in third. This is the third straight year that the Judges finished in the top two, having won in each of the past two seasons.

Other day one scoring performance came in three other events. In the men's high jump, Brandeis competitors took seventh and eighth. Dion Morris-Evans ’23 placed seventh with a height of 1.85 meters, while Allan was eighth at 1.80 meters. The men's distance medley relay placed seventh with a time of 10:32.78, run by the quartet of Alec Rogers ’20, Jamie O’Neil ’22, Aaron Portman ’22 and Josh Lombardo ’21. On the women's side, Willa Moen ’20 got into the scoring column in the pole vault, tying with two others for eighth place with a height of 3.23 meters. Moen was just an inch off of her personal best.

At the end of day one, both Brandeis teams were in sixth place.

On day two of competition, the Judges had additional outstanding performances. Breylen Ammen ’21 became the Judges' first-ever UAA pole vault champion and Devin Hiltunen ’22 earned a pair of All-UAA honors at the 2020 UAA indoor track and field championships. She helped the Judges to score 46.33 points and finish in fifth place, one placement down from their position of the past two years. Hiltunen also finished second in the 400-meter dash and third in the 200-meter dash to earn her first two individual career All-UAA honors indoors. In the 400-meter, she finished with a time of 58.39 seconds, just 0.14 off the winning time. Hiltunen had run three-tenths faster in preliminaries and was the top seed in the finals. In the 200-meter, she was third in both the preliminaries and the finals. Her preliminary time of 25.27 seconds is currently tied for 21st in the NCAA rankings, which would gain her entry into the championships. In the final, Hiltunen ran 25.46 seconds, gaining All-Association honors by two-hundredths of a second. 

Brandeis had two individual scorers in the 3,000-meter run. Kenney earned the team's third All-UAA honor with a runner-up finish. She ran the fastest final lap of the race with a time of 34.25 seconds, to finish with a time of 10:02.87, ranking 36th in Division III this season. Danielle Bertaux ’20 ran the final 200 meters in 36.62 to finish in fourth place with a time of 10:07.33, giving her a 44th rank nationally. This was the first All-UAA honor for both runners during the indoor track season. The Judges also claimed three third-place All-Association honor finishes from Churchill Perry ’20, who was the UAA-triple jump champion as a sophomore and finished in second as a rookie, completing his medal set in the event with a leap of 13.72 meters. He also added a second bronze in the 200-meter dash with a time of 22.33 seconds, just 0.06 out of second and 0.28 behind the winner.

The Judges finished in fourth place at the UAA Championships for the second year in a row with 60 points, their highest total since 2006. Brandeis edged out NYU, who finished with 59 points, and Case Western Reserve, who had 58.