The Brandeis Judges concluded their season with an overall record of 13–12 and a record of 3–11 in University Athletic Association play. Despite a promising start to the season, the Judges finished with a six-game losing streak. 

Yellowjackets 85, Judges 71

On Feb. 14, the Judges faced the University of Rochester Yellowjackets, losing 85–71. In a game featuring constant lead changes, the Judges ultimately fell after a close three quarters. After the first quarter, the Judges led 21–20, but trailed after the second 42–39. In the third quarter, both teams scored 16 points, as Rochester maintained their lead 58–55. As the fourth quarter opened, Rochester took a commanding lead after back-to-back three-pointers. Brandeis’ Lauren Rubinstein ’20 brought the Judges within four, 64–60. However, Rochester outscored Brandeis in the fourth quarter, taking the victory. 

Three Judges scored in double digits, as Hannah Nicholson ’20 paced the team with 16 points, while Camila Casanueva ’21 scored 14 and Rubinstein added 10 points. Casanueva led the team with 10 assists and seven rebounds, barely missing a triple-double.

Eagles 58, Judges 57

In Atlanta on Feb. 16, the Judges fell to the Emory University Eagles 58–57. After cutting an 11-point deficit in the fourth, the Judges were unable to secure the win, failing to make a last-second shot. After the first quarter, Emory led 15–12, and continued to build their lead throughout the second and third quarters. Entering the fourth, the Eagles led 50–40. The fourth quarter was tight, as Brandeis battled back from an early deficit. The Judges scored early in the fourth, ultimately coming within one point of Emory, 56–55 with 1:40 left. With less than a minute remaining, Emory made two free throws, sealing their victory over the Judges. 

Rubinstein led the team with 12 points, followed by Emma Reavis ’23 with 11 and Nicholson with nine points. This was the final game of a four-game road trip, as the Judges returned home for their final three games of the season.

Bears 72, Judges 60

The Judges returned home on Feb. 21, taking on the Washington University in St. Louis Bears. Starting strong, the Judges built a commanding lead early in the first quarter, leading 20–2 after 6:20. At the end of the first quarter, the Judges led the Bears 27–11. However, the Judges failed to maintain their momentum in the second quarter, as the Bears led 35–29 at halftime. In the third quarter, the Bears took their first lead of the night, outscoring the Judges 9–2 in the first minutes of the quarter. The Bears continued to outscore the Judges throughout the third and fourth quarters, outscoring Brandeis 22–17 in the fourth to secure their victory. Nicholson led the team with 14 points, followed by Francesca Marchese ’23, who scored nine. Nicholson also paced the team with 11 rebounds, securing her ninth double-double of the season.

Maroons 73, Judges 45

On Feb. 23, the Judges lost to the 21st-ranked University of Chicago Maroons. After the first quarter, the Judges trailed 19–8. The Maroons continued to outscore the Judges in the second and third quarters, although the Judges gained some momentum in the fourth quarter, outscoring the Maroons in the fourth 14–11. However, the Judges’ strong showing in the fourth came too late, as the Maroons dominated the scoring throughout the game. 

Casanueva led the team with 11 points, while Julia St. Amand ’20 scored a career-high nine points. Katherine Puda ’21 led the team with seven rebounds. With the loss to the University of Chicago, the Judges owned a five-game losing streak as they looked towards their final game of the regular season.

Violets 91, Judges 73

This past Saturday, Feb. 29, marked Senior Day, as the Judges honored seniors Nicholson, Rubinstein and St. Amand. Additionally, the Judges closed out their regular season at home against the New York University Violets. After the first quarter, the Judges held onto a narrow lead, 16–15. However, the Judges were significantly outscored through the following three quarters. After the second, the Judges fell behind NYU 41–28, and continued to trail 68–52 after the third quarter, ultimately losing 91–73. Despite the loss, senior Nicholson led the team with 18 points, three other Judges scored in double digits. In her final game, Rubinstein scored 15, while Jillian Petrie ’21 added 12 and Reavis scored 10 points. Nicholson also led the team with 10 rebounds, concluding her career with her 10th double-double of the season. The Judges made only 37% of their field goal attempts, with a meager 25.9% of 3-point shots made. The Judges conclude their regular season with a six-game losing streak and a record of 13–12.