This Saturday, the Brandeis Judges womens soccer team closed out the regular season at home, taking on the New York University Violets. Saturday was also Senior Day for the Judges, as the team honored its seven seniors. Winning 1–0, the team finished the regular season strong, advancing their record to 11–7 overall and 2–5 in the University Athletic Association.

The first half of the game was relatively quiet, with both teams failing to score any points. In the first minute of the game, in an attempt to get the Judges on the scoreboard, Emma Spector ’20 attempted a shot but missed. Just minutes later, Daria Bakhtiari ’21 also missed two shots. At the end of the first half, rookie Ruby Siegel ’23 aimed to put the Judges on the board again, though her shot was blocked by the Violets’ goalie Meghan Marhan. Ultimately, throughout the first half, the Judges and Violets continued to go for shots, though both teams failed to score any points.

Beginning much like the first half, the Judges and Violets continued to attempt shots, though neither team managed to get on the board. During the 62nd minute of play, at 62:55, Bakhtiari scored the first and only goal of the afternoon, putting the Judges up 1–0. Bakhtiari’s sixth goal of the season was assisted by Caroline Swan ’23. Although both the Judges and Violets continued to go for shots, the Judges failed to score again while the Violets failed to get on the board at all. Ultimately, one goal was all the offense the Judges needed to seal a much-needed victory, as they successfully stymied the Violets’ offense throughout the second half. With five losses in the UAA thus far, this win helped to improve the team’s conference record. 

With a win against NYU, the Judges successfully snapped a two-game losing streak to finish the regular season.