The Judges closed out their regular season with three matches in the University Athletic Association Championships. Two matches took place on Friday against the Emory University Eagles and the Case Western Reserve University Spartans, and the third match took place on Saturday against the University of Rochester Yellowjackets. The Judges finished the regular season with a 13-game losing streak. The women’s final overall record was 4–23 and 1–6 in the UAA. The winning percent for the Judges this season was a fairly low .148.

Judges 0 , Eagles 3 

The Eagles demolished the Judges in what would be the team’s 11th straight loss. The Judges dropped all three sets by scores of 25–11, 25–10 and 25–20. This match was destined to be very difficult for the Judges to win, though. The Eagles had an overall season record of 26–2 prior to this match. 

As the set scores indicate, the Judges' offense of the Judges had a really tough time. In the first set, after an attack error by the Eagles’ Leah Saunders gave the Judges a 2–1 edge, Emory soared ahead. The score would be 2–9 before the Judges could muster up a single point with a kill by Amelia Oppenheimer ’23. Emory brought the score to 3–14 before the Judges could score another point — another kill, this time by Avery Donovan ’22. The Eagles never lost their strong hold against the Judges in the first set and claimed the match up 14 points. 

In the second set, a similar story took place, though the Judges did hold a 3–1 lead at the start. Still, after a score tied at four, Emory took the lead and never looked back, this time winning the set by 15 points. The final set was the closest the Judges had to a set victory. They only lost by five points and although the Eagles scored the set’s first four points, the Judges responded and claimed the set’s next three. The score was tied at nine before Emory look the lead, but the Judges stayed within five points of Emory for the whole match. 

Despite their offensive struggles, Belle Scott ’21 led the team in offensive play with nine kills and only one error.

Judges 0, Spartans 3

The Judges, yet again, were left without any set victories in their match against CWRU. The sets, with scores of 25–17, 25–20 and 25–20, gave the Spartans a season overall record of 25–17. However, unlike against the Eagles, the Judges were off to a much better start against CWRU in the first set. An attack error by the Spartans’ Brianna Lemon put the Judges ahead 10–6, which looked incredibly promising. Nevertheless, the Judges’ lead narrowed. The score was tied at 12, 14, 15 and 16 points before the Spartans scored eight consecutive points. This gave them the edge they needed to win the set.

In the second set, the Judges held an early lead. However, the Spartans scored the set’s next nine points, putting them in the position to win the set. Although the Judges shrunk the lead to 22–19 at one point with a service ace by Maddie LaMont ’22, Case Western won the set 25–20. In the final set, the Judges led 4–1, but after the Spartans scored the set’s next five points to pull ahead, they never lost their lead, and won the set — and therefore the match.

Judges 0, Yellowjackets 3

In the Judges’ third consecutive match where they failed to win a set, they lost their 13th consecutive match, closing out the regular season. Oppenheimer opened the game with an attack error that gave Rochester the set’s first point. However, the Judges did try to pull ahead. They managed to be in the lead 3–7 from a kill by Scott, before the Yellowjackets caught up to tie the score at seven. The set actually remained neck and neck as leads alternated, and there were several times where the score was tied. However, in the end, a final attack error by Oppenheimer put the Yellowjackets ahead 26–24.

In the second set, two attack errors by Rochester’s Sonia McGaffigan and Tamera Show put the Judges ahead 0–2. The first point for Rochester only came from an attack error by Emily Morrison ’23. Despite this, the Judges kept Rochester at bay for a while, and the score difference was narrow. However, after the score was tied at nine from another attack error by McGaffigan in favor of the Judges, the Yellowjackets permanently remained in the lead, which would carry through the set for them to win 25–20. 

In the final set, the Judges were slow to get moving. Rochester was ahead 6–0 before Oppenheimer put the Judges on the scoreboard with a kill. The Judges never really came close to winning this final set and could not stir up the momentum needed to win. Rochester ultimately won the set by a score of 25–13, and with it the match.