Medical Emergency

April 6—BEMCo treated a party in the Foster Mods who was not feeling well, who was then transported by Cataldo Ambulance to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. The area coordinator on call was notified.

April 7—The community advisor on duty in Village B reported an intoxicated party requesting BEMCo. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital via Cataldo Ambulance for further care.

April 7—University Police respond to a party on South Street, just outside the Linsey Pool who was reported to be driving while intoxicated after the Department of Community Living called in the report. BEMCo was on scene to help evaluate. One party signed a refusal for further care and the other was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. The area coordinator on call was notified.

April 7—BEMCo and University Police responded to Rosenthal Quad to an intoxicated party. Party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care and the area coordinator on call was notified.

April 7—On Chapel’s Field, BEMCo responded to a party with abrasions on their leg, but the party signed a refusal for further care.

April 7—BEMCo responded to Chapel’s Field to assist an intoxicated party who, upon evaluation, became combative and fled the area. No refusal for further medical treatment was signed and University Police were unable to locate the party.

April 7—An intoxicated party on Chapels Field was assisted by BEMCo and then transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

April 7—BEMCo responded to Massel Quad to assist a party with a rash. The party signed a refusal for further care.

April 7—University Police and BEMCo responded to Scheffres Hall to a party feeling ill and dehydrated with a headache. University Police transported the Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

April 7—In Ziv 128, a party with a sprained ankle was checked out by University Police and BEMCo before signing a refusal for further care.

April 9—BEMCo responded to Pollack where there was a party not feeling well and treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

April 9—A party reported chest pains and difficulty breathing in Ridgewood B. BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

April 9—At the University Police station, a party was reported feeling ill. BEMCo treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

April 10—University Police and BEMCo responded to the Gosman Athletic Field to assist a party who was struck in the face with a soccer ball. Cataldo Ambulance and the Waltham Fire Department responded as well, and the party was transported via Cataldo to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

April 11—A party in Rosenthal East had pain in their ribs and was treated by BEMCo staff who requested an ambulance. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care and the area coordinator on call was notified.

DRUG VIOLATIONS

April 7—The Department of Community Living requested the assistance of University Police with a confiscation of contraband that was discovered in Shapiro Residence Hall. DCL filed a Student Rights and Community Standards report, and the police took the contrabands from DCL before compiling a report in the incident.

April 10—On the first floor of Renfield Hall, University Police and Department of Community Living staff responded to investigate the small of marijuana, but the area was checked and the cause of the odor was not found.

LARCENY

April 8—A party in the Mandel Center for the Humanities reported their laptop computer was taken from a common room while unattended. University Police compiled a reported on the incident and intended to notify the LTS Department.

BURGLARY, ATTEMPTED FORCIBLE ENTRY

April 8—University Police compiled a report at the Golding Health Center of an attempted forced entry.

VANDALISM

April 9—The telescope hatch on the roof of the Physics building was found to be spray painted with the words “Suffolk” and a frown face. University Police checked out the area and compiled a report. No further damage was observed in this area, and staff of Facilities removed the paint without incident.

MISCELLANEOUS

April 6—University Police compiled a report at the Hiatt career fair where a party reported a company promoting an internet scam.

April 7—A report was compiled by University Police on two individuals on the roof of Abelson. Although the parties stated that they had permission to be there, they were asked to leave.

—Compiled by Jen Geller