The Brandeis men’s and women’s fencing teams each posted 3–3 records, splitting their six matches at the 2019 Eric Sollee Invitational. With this added to their record, the men's team currently stands at 16–12 overall, while the women’s team remains at .500 with a 16–16 record of their own. Each team defeated Yeshiva University, Hunter College and Haverford College while falling to Stevens Institute of Technology, New York University and the New Jersey Institute of Technology, according to the Brandeis Athletics Website.

Men's Team

The men’s team was led by the saber squad, who went 4–2 in the meet. Leon Rotenstein ’19 played in five matches and racked up a 9–5 record to lead the way, with three others tied with seven wins each. Shawn Pyatetsky ’20 was one of those three, going 7–2 on the day. The foil squad went 3–3. Six different fencers within the squad had between four and six wins. Men’s epee also won three and lost three, but the bigger winner of men Judges, Chris Armstrong ’20, went 11–6 for the weapon.

Women's Team

The women's team was led by their epeeists, who were also the top-performing weapon that Brandeis had at the tournament; they went 5–1. Madeline Vibert ’21 posted an impressive 13–3 record to lead the team, andwas closely followed  by Dakota Levy ’20 ,who went 12–5. Women’s foil went 4–2 on the day, led by the top two performers from the tournament for the Judges. Captain Joanne Carminucci ’19 had the most wins for Brandeis, posting an overall record of 16–2. She was followed closely behind by Jessica Gets ’20, who went 15–3. The saber squad went 3–3 and was led by Jada Harrison ’22, who had nine wins.  

The men’s and women’s teams each had a pair of dominating victories to highlight the day. The women shutout Yeshiva 27–0 and thrashed Hunter 25–2. The men had a 25–2 victory over Yeshiva and a 23–4 win over Hunter to be proud of. 

Each team also took a match down to the wire but were narrowly defeated. In the men’s match against Stevens, saber won 7–2 and foil won 5–4, but both wins were not enough to overcome an 8–1 Judge loss in epee. The women’s team also won two weapons against Stevens college. They had six wins in saber and five in epee, but it was not enough to beat Stevens, as their saber squad swept Brandeis. The women’s team also had a close call versus NJIT. Brandeis won in foil, 5–4, but NJIT responded with a 5–4 victory of their own in saber. It all came down to epee, which NJIT won 6–3. 

The Judges will close out the regular season by hosting the Beanpot Tournament on Feb. 13 at 6 p.m. Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Boston College will all be coming to Waltham to compete. 

In an interview with the Justice, Jessica Gets said, "Everyone [on the team] is super supportive when I fence. I love when my team cheers me on while I fence, it’s such an adrenaline rush!"  

The next meet the Judges are scheduled to attend is the Beanpot Tournament on Feb. 13. After that, the team will attend the FDU Invitatuional in Teaneck, NJ. This meet is followed by the New England Collegiate Championship in Wellesley. The season is scheduled to end on March 24 after the NCAA Championships in Cleveland Ohio.