The men’s basketball team has had a red-hot start to their season so far. They are currently 5–1 and have been riding a four-game winning streak — including three wins in a row — since the last issue. Here is how those three games went for the team.

Lasell 65, Judges 78

In the first half, Lasell had a strong command over the tempo of the game and jumped out to an early 8–2 lead. The Judges would fight back, tying the game at 11 but quickly falling behind again 18–11. With 7:13 left in the half, the Judges trailed 25–21, but then exploded on a 17–7 run to close out the half, giving them a 38–32 lead going into halftime. Lasell responded early in the second half, eventually tying the game at 41 points apiece. After a few more back-and-forth scoring possessions, the Judges scored 15 unanswered points to put the game away for good. Corey Sherman ’19 and Eric D’Aguanno ’20 had a combined 48 points and nine three-pointers in the game to lead the charge for the Judges but, overall, it was a team game, with the ball shared pretty evenly around. Many players padded their stat sheets in all areas, but especially on rebounds and assists. 

Salem State 69, Judges 77

The Judges traveled to nearby Babson College to participate in the New England Big Four Challenge. The first game occurred on Saturday when the team took on Salem State University. The first half was a back and forth game. Each team had their own hot and cold streaks and went on subsequent runs, resulting in seven ties and six lead changes. The Judges went into the second half down three points, 32–29, but would not go down quietly. They scored the first eight points of the second half and maintained the lead for the rest of the game. The closest Salem State ever came to taking control was when they tied the game at 41 with 12:29 to go, but another 8–0 Judges run put that to bed. They were able to answer every Salem State threat from that point forward. Corey Sherman led the team with 24 points in an impressive shooting performance. He hit eight out of his 11 shots from the field, including one of three from beyond the arc. He was also seven for eight from the line. Colin Sawyer ’20 added 18 of his own, including 16 in the second half. He was instrumental in some of the Judges important runs. Rounding out the double-digit scorers were D’Aguanno and Chandler Jones ’21. 

Babson 49, Judges 74

In the championship game of the New England Big Four Challenge, the Judges took on host-school Babson College. In a dominating performance, the Judges quickly dispensed with the Bears to capture their fourth tournament crown since 2012. The Judges set the tone for the game early with an 11–2 run to start the game. The Bears put together back-to-back threes to get them back in the game, but a 16–3 run by the Judges quelled that hope pretty quickly. With 6:58 left in the first half, the Judges held a 27–11 advantage. The Bears would cut down the lead at times but were unable to piece proper runs together and make a legitimate play at the game. The Judges were in total control from the beginning to the end. Sherman had a game-high of 25 points, elevating him to be elected as the tournament’s most outstanding player. 

So far this season, the Judges have a three point percentage of 34.4 percent, and an average of 69.2 points per game. In addition, the team has an average of 35.3 rebounds per game and 15.3 assists per game. The team’s total points this season is 415. The Judges have had an average of 6.0 steals per game, and 14.7 turnovers per game. After loosing to Suffolk College, the Judges have bounced back.