With the season coming to a close, we look back on all the successes the Judges have had this past season. The women ended the season with an overall record  of 12–4. The last game of the season was last Saturday Nov. 3 at New York University. 

This past Saturday's game resulted in  a defeat for the Judges. The  team ended with a final record of  4–3 in the University Athletic Association rankings, which meant a tie for fourth place. Neither team had scored till the 61st minute of play when Sasha Sunday ’19 broke through the defensive players and scored a goal in the far corner of the goal. According to the Brandeis athletics website, the Judges  had attempted six shots in the game before NYU scored their first goal in the far corner of the net i  n the 80th minute of play. In the last 90 seconds of regulation the Judges' Lauren Mastandrea ’22 attempted a shot that the Violets of NYU saved. With less than 30 seconds in regulation, the Violets punched one last goal into the net, securing the victory for NYU.

Although this past game resulted in a defeat for the Judges, during the game the Judges outshot their opponents 8–3, and 4–0 in the first half. All three of NYU’s shots came in the second half of the game. This was the second of four Judges losses that occurred within the last minute of regulation. The Judges had zero saves in this game, compared to NYU's four— these saves were a big  reason  for  their victory. In addition, the Judges conceded nine fouls in the game compared to their opponents' eight. NYU and the Judges won two and six corner kicks respectively this game. 

Looking back on the season, the Judges had a good run. The team started out with a home game against Massachusetts Institute of Technology, followed by Lasell College, Johnson and Wales University, Eastern Connecticut State, Babson College, Tufts University, Wellesley College and Case Western Reserve University in September. They were a perfect 8-0 October consisted of games against Lesley College, Carnegie Mellon University, University of Rochester, Emory University, Westfield State, Washington University at St. Louis and the University of Chicago. The Judges went 4-3 in the month. In November, the season ended with the previously described game against New York University. 

The season's longest winning streak consisted of eight games at the beginning of the season when they were undefeated. The Judges' winning percentage this season overall was 75 percent. In the conference, the Judges winning percentage was 57.1 percent. The women’s soccer team averaged 1.94 goals per game this season, and their shot conversion percentage was 10.1 percent. In total this season, the Judges took 306 shots and 96 corner kicks. Finally, this season the Judges have scored 31 goals, have received three yellow cards overall and no red cards. The attendance of fans at the games averaged 223 people per game.

This season, the Judges' top scorers were Katie Hayes ’20 with six goals, Daria Bakhtiari ’21 with five goals, Sunday with four goals and Volpe with three goals. This seasons assists came from Lauren Mastandrea ’22 with four assists and Emma Spector ’22 with three ,assists. 

As this strong season comes to an end, we are excited to  see how this team plays in future years. This year’s graduating seniors include Becca Buchman, Julia Jaffe, Minjee Lee, Hannah Maatallah, Julia Matson, Sasha Sunday, Emily Thiem and Sam Volpe. They, and their contributions to the Brandeis women's soccer program will surely be missed.