Medical Emergency

October 15—BEMCo staff treated a party complaining of a headache at the Charles River Apartments. University Police transported the party to Golding Health Center for further care. 

October 16—University Police and BEMCo staff responded to report of a party suffering from severe stomach pain in Sheffries Hall. The party declined treatment services.

October 16—University Police assisted Cataldo Ambulance in a Section #12 psychological transport upon the Brandeis Counseling Center’s request. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital without incident.

October 16—BEMCo staff treated a party feeling dizzy at Stoneman Infirmary and Public Safety. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

October 16—A party came to Public Safety reporting they had closed a car door on their hand. BEMCo staff treated the party, and the party signed a refusal for further care.

October 17—BEMCo staff treated a party in Skyline Residence Hall who had throat and ear pain. The party signed a refusal for further care.

October 17—Cataldo Ambulance transported a party who was reporting back to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care after BEMCo staff treated the party at Spingold Theater. 

October 17—A party at Stoneman Infirmary and Public Safety was not feeling well, so BEMCo staff treated the party and University Police transported them to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

October 18—A caller reported a party having a seizure. University Police and BEMCo staff responded, and Cataldo Ambulance transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. The Area Coordinator on Call was notified.

October 18—BEMCo staff treated a party with a twisted ankle at Gosman Sports and Convocation Center who refused further care. 

October 18—A party with a lacerated hand refused further care after being treated by BEMCo staff at the Charles River Apartments. 

October 19—BEMCo staff treated an intoxicated party outside Cable Residence Hall. University Police were on scene and the Area Coordinator on Call was notified. Cataldo Ambulance transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

October 19— BEMCo staff treated a party with a knee injury in Gosman Sports and Convocation Center who then refused further care.

October 19—A party lost consciousness after slipping and falling in the shower in Rosenthal East Residence Hall. BEMCo staff treated the party, who Cataldo Ambulance transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care, and the Area Coordinator on Call was notified. 

October 19—BEMCo staff and University Police responded to a report of a party with an injured ankle at Cable Residence Hall. The party was treated by BEMCo staff and signed a refusal for further care.

October 20—BEMCo staff and University Police received a report of a semi-conscious, intoxicated party at Cable Residence Hall. Waltham Fire Department and the Area Coordinator on Call were notified. Cataldo Ambulance transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

October 20—BEMCo staff treated a party who was still reporting cloudy vision and a headache after having been hit on the head that afternoon. University Police transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

October 21—University Police responded with BEMCo staff to a report of an intoxicated female in Massel Residence Quad. BEMCo staff treated the party, who refused further care.

DISTURBANCE

October 19—University Police responded to a complaint of loud noises in Abelson and found authorized contractors working inside the building.

October 19—University Police received a report of a male party trying to photograph a party within the restroom area of Shapiro A & B. University Police were unable to locate the male party and compiled a report on the incident. The Area Coordinator on Call was notified and there will be increased University Police foot patrols in the area.

October 19—University Police responded to a noise complaint at Ridgewood B. University Police discovered the noise was from an authorized party and asked the residents to lower the volume, which was done without incident. 

MISCELLANEOUS SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES

October 15—University Police received a report of an unattended briefcase on benches outside Slosberg Music Center. When University Police arrived, the owner had retrieved the briefcase. 

SERVICE ASSIST TO OTHER POLICE DEPARTMENT

October 15—Waltham Police requested University Police’s assistance with a call reporting a larceny at 567 South Street. The situation was a fight between roommates, and University Police requested the Area Coordinator on Call’s assistance. University Police compiled a report, and Department of Community Living staff will handle the incident. 

DRUGS

October 19—While conducting health and safety inspections in Foster Mods, DCL staff discovered a Class D substance, which was confiscated and given to University Police. University Police compiled a report on the incident, and the DCL will submit a CSR.

October 19—A Class D substance was found in Foster Mods.  

—Compiled by Jocelyn Gould