The women’s volleyball team has struggled over its last four matches.  While the team won on Sept. 21 against Emerson College, it has since lost three consecutive matches. Furthermore, all three losses came at the hands of University Athletic Association division opponents.

Judges 1, Rochester 3

On Sunday, in Cleveland, Ohio, the Judges fought hard but were not able to win the match, as they lost 1-3 by scores of 18-25, 25-21, 24-26 and 17-25 against the University of Rochester. The Judges kept the match interesting during the middle, as their loss in the first set only added fuel to their fire to eventually beat Rochester in the second set. They fell only two points behind  in the third set to give their opponents a fright, but were unable to come out on top in the last set.

The Judges still came away with some amazing play on the court despite the loss. In terms of kill percentages, middle hitters Emma Bartlett ’20 and Kirsten Frauens ’19 posted solid .346 and .250 marks throughout the match. Right side hitter Marissa Borgert ’21 had a total of 19 assists followed by setter Leah Pearlman ’19 with 18. Libero Yvette Cho ’19 continued to add to her outstanding amount of digs with the most throughout the match. She had a total of 17 for the match, and now has a total of 223 digs across the first 13 matches of the year.

Judges 0, Emory 3

On Saturday the Judges again were unable to come out on top with an 0-3 loss against Emory University by scores of 21-25, 16-25 and 10-25. At the second game of the day, the Judges fought diligently and stayed resilient right to the very end.

Despite the loss, the Judges were still able to make great plays. Four people were able to come out with positive kill percentages, including Borgert with .333, outside hitter Shea Decker-Jacoby ’19 with .100, Pearlman with 1.000 and Frauens with .062. Again, Cho singlehandedly carried the team with 12 digs. Pearlman had the most assists with 15 and Borgert led the team with 11 points for the match. Borgert has been a superstar for the Judges in her rookie campaign.

Judges 0, Chicago 3

Earlier that day, the Judges could not come out with a win in the first of two matches. They were shut out by the University of Chicago by scores of 18-25, 12-25 and 21-25.

The Judges still showed flashes of potential throughout the match. More than half of the team was able to obtain positive kill percentages, including Decker-Jacoby with .154, Borgert with .188, Bartlett with .111, middle hitter Belle Scott ’21 with .062, Pearlman with 1.000 and right side hitter Zara Platt ’19 with .115. Borgert also added 20 assists and nine digs, while Cho recorded 16 digs. Bartlett, Platt, Borgert and Decker-Jacoby were able to come out with great performances, contributing the most points in the match with eight, eight, five and five, respectively.

Judges 3, Emerson 0

On Thursday, Sept. 21 at Emerson College, the Judges shut out their opponents 3-0 by scores of 25-22, 25-18 and 25-19. The team pulled off some great hitting percentages throughout the match with .075, .242 and .161 marks for the three sets, with Decker-Jacoby coming away with an outstanding individual mark of 462. Cho again had the most digs with 21.