The men and women’s tennis team continued their winning ways this past week. Though the No. 32 men’s team lost to Boston College on Saturday 5-2, they defeated Vassar College 9-0 on the same day. The No. 31 women’s team, meanwhile, defeated Bates College 6-3 on Sunday and Wheaton College 8-1 on Friday. The men’s record now stands at a solid 8-4 overall, while the women’s team improves to an even 6-6 overall on the season.

Women’s Squad

Brandeis won two of the three doubles matches against Bates on Sunday. Haley Cohen ’18 and Olivia Leavitt ’19 lost the first match 8-1. Sophia He ’19 and Charlotte Aaron ’18 won their match 8-5, though. Emily Eska ’16 and Maya Vasser ’16 finished off doubles play with a win 8-1.

In singles play, Cohen lost the first match 6-1, 2-6, 6-4, but Leavitt won the second match 6-2, 6-3. Keren Khromchenko ’19 lost the third match 6-4, 6-2, but the Judges were able to win the next three matches. Eska won the fourth match 6-3, 6-0, Vasser won the fifth match 6-4, 6-0 and Michele Lehat ’19 won the sixth match 6-3, 6-1.

The Judges took control in doubles play on Friday versus Wheaton, winning all three matchups on the indoor courts in Gosman Athletic Center. The pair of Cohen and Leavitt went undefeated in their match, winning 8-0. 

In the second spot, He and Aaron won 8-2. In the third matchup, Vasser and Sarita Biswas ’16 won 8-1 in Biswas’ first game action since March 12.

Brandeis dominated singles play as well. Leavitt won the No. 1 matchup, defeating her opponent 6-1, 6-1. In the No. 2 matchup, Eska won 6-0, 6-1. Lehat won the No. 3 matchup 6-1, 6-1 but Ariana  Ishaq ’19 lost the No. 4 matchup 6-3, 0-6, 10-3. 

In her first match since Feb. 17, Hannah Marion ’16 took the No. 5 matchup 6-1, 6-0. Biswas notched another victory for Brandeis, defeating her opponent 6-0, 6-0 in the No. 6 matchup.

The two wins improve the Judges' record to 6-6 on the season and give the team a three-game win streak, the first of which came against St. Lawerence University last Sunday. 

The Judges return to action this Tuesday, April 12 when they travel to take on Babson College at 3 p.m on the road.

The Judges cleanly beat Babson last year, 6-3, to begin a six-game winning streak. The Judges hope to do the same this year and bolster their 6-6 record. 

Men’s Squad

The Judges’ six-game winning streak came to an end against Boston College on Saturday. In doubles play, the Judges tallied one point. In the first matchup, the duo of Jeff Cherkin ’17 and Michael Arguello ’17 lost 6-1.Danny Lubarsky ’16 and Jackson Kogan ’19 won the second match 7-6, but Eric Goldberg ’18 and Brian Granoff ’17 dropped the third match 7-6.

In singles play Ryan Bunis ’17 lost the No. 1 matchup 6-2, 6-2 and Granoff lost the No. 2 matchup 6-4, 6-4. Arguello notched a win for the Judges in the third matchup though, defeating his opponent 6-7, 7-6, 6-3. In the No. 3 matchup, Tyler Ng ’19 lost 6-0, 6-3, and in the No. 4 matchup Kogan lost 6-2, 6-2. Cherkin lost the fifth matchup in straight sets for the Judges 6-1, 6-3.

Earlier in the day, Brandeis defeated Vassar handily. In doubles, Cherkin and Arguello won the first matchup 8-3. Lubarsky and Kogan took the second matchup 8-5 and Goldberg and Granoff won their matchup 8-2.

In singles play, Bunis won the first matchup 4-6, 6-3, 10-5 and Granoff won the second match 6-2, 6-1. Arguello won the third match 6-1, 6-2, Ng won the fourth match 6-1, 6-1 and Kogan won the fifth match 6-0, 6-0. Cherkin finished the sweep of Vassar by easily winning the sixth match 6-2, 6-2.

The men return to action tomorrow when they travel to take on Tufts University at 4 p.m. Last season, the Judges handily beat Tufts, 6-3, en route to a 9-11 record. So far ,the Judges hold a solid 8-4 record on the season and will look to improve upon that tomorrow.