The men's and women’s track and field teams continued their indoor season last weekend, taking matching seventh-place finishes at the University Athletic Association Championships. 

Men’s squad (26 points — 7th place)

Ryan Stender ’18 took the 3000-meter run with an 8:33.52 finish — a second faster than the second-place runner. Mitchell Hutton ’17 ran to an 8:44.99 time in the race to earn an eighth-place finish for the squad. Quinton Hoey ’17 took home a top-15 finish in the race, turning in a time of 8:56.39.

The Judges sent three competitors to the one-mile run, where Grady Ward ’16, Russell Santos ’17 and Matthew Doran ’18 finished in succession. Ward turned in a time of 4:33.42 while Santos finished the race at the 4:34.23 mark and Doran stopped the timer at 4:35.23. 

Brian Sheppard ’18 took the course in the 5000-meter run, managing a 16:05.69 finish.

Adam Berger ’16 set a personal best in the long jump with a distance of 6.61 meters, earning a fourth-place finish in the process. His distance was a mere .11 meters out of third place and a slim half meter in front of the fifth-place competitor. Henry McDonald ’18 grabbed a 13th-place finish for the squad, topping out at a respectable 6.08 meters. 

Berger also picked up a fifth-place finish in the triple jump with a cumulative total of 13.11 meters, his second personal best of the meet. His distance was three-tenths of a meter off the podium and a tenth of a meter in front of sixth place. McDonald missed out on a top-10 finish by nine-hundredths of a meter, turning in a total of 12.50 meters. 

Evan Scott ’17 and Mark Franklin ’16 finished in third and fourth place in the high jump, topping out at 1.90 and 1.85 meters, respectively. Scott was unable to clear the 1.95-meter jump and fell to third as a result of tiebreakers but made the cut for the All-UAA team as a result of his finish. 

Women’s squad (9 points — 7th place)

Emily Bryson ’18 turned in a top-five finish in the 3,000-meter run to help pace the Judges, running to a 10:05.91 finish. Her time was sixth-tenths of a second out of fourth place and just under three seconds off of the podium. Julia Bryson ’18 took a top-15 finish in the race with a time of 10:31.76, earning 14th place in the race.

Kate Farrell ’17 and Maddie Dolins ’16 took seventh and eighth places, respectively, in the 5,000-meter run as Farrell crossed the line at the 18:04.28 mark. Dolins stopped the timer at the 18:14.29 mark to solidify a well-deserved top-10 finish.

The squad got successful runs in the relay events, taking sixth place in the 4x400-meter relay and an All-UAA finish of third place in the distance medley relay. 

The quartet of Tove Freeman ’16, Ogundoyin Ogundiran ’18, Kelsey Whitaker ’16 and Haliana Burhans ’18 took sixth in the 4x400-meter relay in a combined 4:01.14, a little over a second out of what would have been a top-five finish.

Whitaker, Burhans, Freeman and Emily Bryson ran to third place in the distance medley relay in a combined time of 12:06.92, just two seconds off of second place.

The Judges closed the day out in the field events, led by Maegann Stafford ’19, who set a personal-best with a solid 9.11 meters in the triple jump.

Jordin Carter ’17 and Ashley Klein ’18 took 10th and 11th places in the shot put, turning in efforts of 9.64 and 9.45 meters, respectively.

The squads will return to the track this weekend to compete in the Eastern Conference Athletic Association Championships in Staten Island, N.Y.