The men and women’s swimming and diving teams recorded impressive per formances this past Saturday at home versus Trinity College. The men finished in a rare 144-144 tie in the competition with the visitors, while the women came out victorious 181-94. 

When asked about the team’s mindset coming into the meet, swimmer David Lazarovich ’16 explained, “[Our goal was] to just kill it. We had just come off of our training trip in Puerto Rico, so we knew that we were, and still are, in peak shape.” 

Cameron Braz ’17 led the team in the individual races, coming away with two victories. Braz won the 50- yard freestyle with a time of 23.03 seconds, which was 16 hundredths of a second ahead of the runner up. He also won the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:47.80.

Zach Diamond ’18 also recorded big finishes for the Judges. He won the 1000-yard freestyle with a huge margin of 49 seconds and a final time of 10:20.13. He also came in the first in the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 5:02.13. 

Edan Zitelny ’17 was the third swimmer from the men’s side to record two first-place finishes and one second-place. Zitelny captured first place in the 200-yard butterfly in 2:02.79, while also winning the 200-yard backstroke with nearly the same time. 

For the diving portion of the competition, Sam Zucker ’18 recorded scores of 132.85 and 191.35 in two events, with an overall point score of 18. The most exciting moment for the Judges came in the final event of the meet. The squad was trailing by five going into the 200-yard freestyle team relay.  

The team was able to add the 11 points it needed in order to record a tie by winning the event. Evan Thom ’18, Taku Harada ’18, Diamond and Braz had a collective time of 1:31.22, which finished ahead of the Trinity team by just over half a second. 

The women had their own group of swimmers who recorded first-place finishes. Joanna Murphy ’17 captured two races for the squad as she continues on her impressive season. Murphy won the 1000-yard freestyle by a margin of just under 22 seconds with a time of 11:17.33.She also took home the gold medal with a solid time of 5:36.56 in the 500-yard freestyle.

Kylie Herman ’19 also had a dominant performance on Saturday. The first-year was able to capture three separate individual titles. She took the crown in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 2:04.38. Herman also swam the 100-yard freestyle in 56.55 seconds and added a first-place finish in the 200-yard individual medley with an overall time of 2:22.35. 

Additionally, Fallon Bushee ’16 won the 50-yard breaststroke with a time of 34.72 and added a runner-up finish in the 200-yard freestyle, falling just under three seconds behind Herman. Amy Sheinhait ’18 contributed another first-place finish with a time of 26.48 in the 50-yard freestyle. 

The women also were able to win the 200-yard freestyle team relay in which Sheinhait, Murphy, Sherry Tu ’18 and Bushee swam. The quartet finished with an impressive time of 1:46.09 that was less than a second quicker than their competition from Trinity. 

The Judges will next swim at Bridgewater State University on Friday night, beginning at 6 p.m.