The women’s soccer team secured two wins this week against Bridgewater State University and University of Massachusetts Boston. The Judges traveled to Bridgewater State for Tuesday’s game and hosted UMass Boston on Saturday. 

On Saturday, the Judges cruised to a 3-0 victory over UMass Boston. 

The first goal of the game was scored in the 14th minute. 

Forward Cidney Moscovitch ’17 shot a one-timer past UMass Boston   junior goalkeeper Kristen Spain after receiving a pass from forward Samantha Schwartz ’18. 

The goal was Moscovitch’s first of the season.

“I received a really good ball, a really good pass, and I was pretty composed in the box,” she said of the goal. 

Forward Holly Szafran ’16 added to the Judges’ lead just three minutes later with a header after a perfect cross from forward Sapir Edalati ’15. 

Neither team was able to gain a dominance of the pitch during the second half, but the Judges regained control with less than 10 minutes left in the game. 

In the 87th minute, Moscovitch scored her second goal of the game—securing the 3-0 win—after breaking through UMass Boston’s defensive line and sliding underneath Spain. 

“It was the end of the game, so they were definitely very tired,” Moscovitch said of her ability to get past the goalkeeper to score the third goal of the game. 

“I’m pretty sure they switched their [formation] to [be] more offensive because they wanted to score—there had only been a little bit of time left.

“There was a lot of space on the left side, and I had a lot of time to just pick my head up and, again, just slide it right past the keeper.”

Brandeis controlled the shot totals for the game, outshooting the visitors 11-3 on the game. 

All three shots on goal for UMass Boston were accumulated during the second half and saved by goalkeeper Michelle Savuto ’15.   

The Judges have now held opponents to three or fewer shots in each of the last three games.

By the time the 10-minute mark of Tuesday’s game against Bridgewater State passed, the Judges were already winning 3-0, en route to a 6-1 rout of the hosts.

At 1:16, Schwartz netted the first goal of the game off of a good pass from Edalati. 

Just three minutes later, midfielder Haley Schachter ’16 scored another goal for the Judges off of a rebound. The goal was Edalati’s second assist of the game. 

Edalati went on to score at 7:28 off of a short cross by defenseman Julia McDermott ’17.   

The Judges kept up the intensity heading into the second half, adding three more goals to the scoreboard. In the 65th minute, Schwartz scored again off of a cross from the right corner by Moscovitch. 

In the 72nd minute, defenseman Alec Spivack ’15 added to the Judges’ lead with another goal, off of a short pass from the left side of the box by Schwartz. 

Forward Alyssa Fenenbock ’15 scored the Judges’ final goal of the game off an assist from forward Haliana Burns ’18. 

The goal was Fenenbock’s first of the season after being held without a goal last year.

Bridgewater State scored its only goal of the game just less than three minutes later. 

In the 86th minute, senior midfielder Kaitlin Delaney put Bridgewater State on the scoreboard with a shot from that bounced off the hands of goalkeeper Katy Lehman ’16. Lehman had entered the game in the 65th minute, her first minutes of the year. 

“They didn’t score because we as a team defended,” Moscovitch  said. “We scored because, as a team, we set up the play and scored.

“I would say it was definitely a team effort and, in going off last season, I would say we were a lot more individual, and this year we’ve, within the past five games, come together and worked as a team very well.” 

In total, the Judges achieved a notable 26 shots on goal, compared to Bridgewater State’s two. Both of Bridgewater State’s shots on goal occurred with Lehman in the goal, making a total of one save. 

“It was great stepping off the field knowing you and your teammates played the best you could,” Schwartz said. 

“I think the more wins we continue to collect as a team the more confidence we will gain and the better we'll do.”

The Judges are now on a four-game winning streak, which began with their game at Clark University on Aug. 31. During the past four games, the Judges have only allowed a total of eight shots on goal and two goals. 

“I am thrilled with our success so far [this season]; The team is really coming together,” said coach Denise Dallamora. 

“Prior to [the] Bridgewater [game], we were getting shots off, but we finally starting to convert them. … [O]ur ability to keep the ball and get into our attacking end of the field is improving.”

The Judges will return to action tomorrow at home versus Gordon College, beginning at 4 p.m.