On Senior Day, the regular-season finale for the men's basketball team held this past Sunday, the Judges cruised to a 92-53 romping over the visiting New York University Violets at the Red Auerbach Arena. With Sunday's win, the Judges secured a plus .500 record for the season, improving to 13-12 and 5-9 in University Athletic Association play.

Following a pregame ceremony that honored the seniors on the team, the all-senior starting lineup began the game with a bang on an 11-2 run.

The experienced lineup led by margins of 13-6 and 19-8. Guard Ben Bartoldus '14 knocked down a three-pointer with 10:23 to go in the first half, lending the Judges a 25-14 lead. At that point, they were already five for eight from downtown.

Bartoldus pointed to the nature of the day itself as a motivator to do well.

"The magic of Senior Day, the atmosphere, the great crowd we all knew we needed to step up and not disappoint," he said.

A pair of layups and a small NYU run would push the Judges' lead to 10 points at 29-19 with just under seven minutes remaining in the half. However, the team could not cruise to an easy finish to the opening half.

After a Violets offensive rebound and a foul by Samuel Dowden '17 with 5:44 left in the half, Brandeis coach Brian Meehan began a heated argument with a referee. The coach received a technical foul for yelling at the referee, and as he continued the argument, he was assessed a second technical foul. The two technical fouls forced Meehan to be ejected from the game, and as he left the court, he received an ovation from the fans.

Bartoldus pointed to the core group of seniors that led the way following their coach's ejection.

"We were able to knock down big shots early and everybody was getting touches," he said.

"Ultimately what fueled our fire was knowing that it was the last time the six of us would ever play together."

Even without their coach, the Judges' offensive power could not be curbed, ending the half on an 18-11 run. The team entered halftime leading 47-30, knocking down nine out of 13 from downtown. They shot 60.7 percent from the field and only turned the ball over three times in one of their best offensive halves all year.

The second half proved no different for either side.

Brandeis continued its staunch defensive effort, forcing six NYU turnovers and totaling 16 for the game. The Judges turned the ball over just four more times in the second half.

Brandeis also kept up its offensive intensity, totaling 45 more points in the second half.

Guard Derek Retos '14 and forward Alex Stoyle '14 tied for team-high honors with 23 points apiece. Retos knocked down seven threes and now has 231 for his career, trouncing the previous school record.

Bartoldus added 21 while guard Gabe Moton '14 scored nine points and grabbed nine boards. The senior class scored 87 of the 92 Brandeis points, including the first 68.

Over February break, the Judges ran into Emory University and the University of Rochester, losing two close games away from home.

On Feb. 23, Emory prevailed over Brandeis, 85-80.

The game was tight throughout, as both teams made runs to try to take control. Brandeis was down 81-79 with less than a minute left and had the ball to attempt a game-tying basket. However, Moton could not knock down a pair of free throws after being fouled.

Emory knocked down both of their ensuing free throws, extending their lead to 83-80.

On a last-ditch attempt, guard Robinson Vilmont '17 missed a good look at a three-point shot. Brandeis was then forced to foul the Eagles and Emory made both free throws to secure the victory.

The Judges led 71-67 with just under four minutes to go against Rochester on Friday. From there, the Yellowjackets would go on a 10-2 run to close the game and take a 77-73 victory.

Retos added four more threes off the bench, leading the team with 16 points.

On Senior Day, however, the Judges managed to close out their season in high-scoring style.