Greetings Brandeis! It has been a whirlwind week in Hollywood including two surprising pregnancy announcements, a celebrity couple welcoming twins, a shocking divorce announcement from a beloved former Olympian and the tragic death of a famed fashion designer.

Spring is most certainly in the air this week as celebrity baby news dominated pop culture headlines. On March 15, TODAY Show anchor Savannah Guthrie married Mike Feldman, a communications strategist, in a super-secret ceremony in Tucson, Ariz. However, that wasn't the only surprise that Guthrie, 42, had in store when she revealed her marriage on air just this Monday to viewers of TODAY.

Apparently, during the wedding reception, the couple had the disc jockey play a recording of the NBC News "Special Report" melody and then took to the stage to announce that Guthrie is four months pregnant-that's one impressive way to break the news. There's no word yet on the baby's sex, but Guthrie mentioned on the Monday morning broadcast that she's due sometime in "late summer."

Even more baby news came on Friday, when actress Alyssa Milano announced that she is expecting her second child with husband David Bugliari. Milano, 41, and Bugliari have a two-year-old son, Milo. The star of ABC's Mistresses has made her desire to have a sibling for Milo clear in recent interviews, even after this past December's mini-scandal, in which comedian Jay Mohr made cruel remarks about Milano's post-baby body (keep in mind that his comments came two years after she had given birth to Milo) and the heated Twitter exchange ensued.

In other baby-related news, actor Chris Hemsworth and his wife Elsa Pataky welcomed twin boys on Friday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. Hemsworth, 30, and Pataky, 37, are also parents to their 22-month-old daughter India Rose. The Thor actor married Pataky, a Spanish actress, who most recently starred in Fast & Furious 6 back in 2010.
Aside from all the baby buzz, there was also some unfortunate news out of Hollywood this week. On Wednesday, former Olympic figure skater Johnny Weir, 29, took to Twitter to announce that he has separated from his husband, Victor Voronov, 30. People Magazine then confirmed that Weir filed for divorce from Voronov months ago. Apparently, Voronov was as surprised as everybody else about this news, posting on Twitter on Thursday afternoon that he was "only now finding out that [his] husband filed for divorce from [him] months ago." Weir married Voronov, a Georgetown University-educated lawyer, in a civil ceremony in New York in 2011. He most recently served on the NBC Olympics team as a figure skating analyst alongside retired figure skater Tara Lipinski.

Lastly, tragic news broke last Monday when fashion designer L'Wren Scott was found dead in her Manhattan apartment, after apparently committing suicide. Beside the fame she garnered for designing gowns for countless A-list clients, Scott, 49, was also known for being musician Mick Jagger's longtime girlfriend. Jagger was reportedly distraught upon learning the news. The Rolling Stones were set to start touring in Australia, but have now postponed that leg of the tour entirely.
That's this week's pop culture round up, Brandeis.
*