At 2 p.m., an hour before closing time, the In a Pickle Restaurant was still bustling with customers wolfing down breakfast foods and parties were still waiting to be seated. Likely the most popular breakfast spot in Waltham, this quirky diner-style eatery is situated smack in the middle of Moody Street in downtown Waltham.

Less than a year ago, the restaurant moved from Main Street to Moody, a move that doubled the size of the location, adding an extra room and a bar. With the extra space, the excruciatingly long waits at its former location were expected to be less of a problem. However, at In a Pickle on Moody, the waits can still sometimes be up to an hour, especially on special occasions such as Mother's Day. But many are willing to wait for the mouth-watering food in a fun, casual atmosphere.

While In a Pickle has traditional lunch options as well, they are most well known for their extensive breakfast menu. From omelets to pancakes to breakfast sandwiches, the copious options are all packed with flavor and incredibly satisfying.

Possibly some of the most unique items on the menu are the candy-bar-stuffed pancakes. Filled with Reese's, M&Ms and Snickers, the cakes are incredibly luxurious and very sweet. The pancakes themselves are light and fluffy but still have a substantial texture to them and the candy-bars chopped into the batter add the cherry on top for the sweet-toothed customer. The Reese's pancakes were a little too salty however, probably due to the peanut butter.

The El Diablo Omelet, "The Devil Omelet" is an omelet that is mouth-wateringly spicy and packed with flavor. With Sriracha sauce, salsa and jalapeño slices, this omelet is a dish spice-lovers cannot pass up. The menu even suggests that customers add Tabasco sauce to their dish to spice it up, a move only a true hot-foodie could handle. While the omelet did not have a completely unique flavor-most of the actual flavor came from the Sriracha sauce-it was still incredibly delicious. The various omelet combinations with names like Meaty One Omelet, Santa Fe Omelet and Supreme Omelet, come with home fries and toast, the home fries were very well seasoned, flavorful and just the right texture-not too firm but not mushy. And the toast was buttered to perfection.

The food is very reasonably priced-entrees range from five to nine dollars and the plates were extremely substantial and filling.

The themed décor added to the casual but lively atmosphere. A few walls in the restaurant are painted a bright green, adding pops of color to the atmosphere. The tops of the upholstery for the booths are a subtler green and have the bumpy texture of a pickle-how fitting.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. However, I was a bit disappointed with the rushed service as the clock ticked near 3 p.m., the restaurant's closing time. Ten minutes after the food had arrived, the check was placed down on our table, a gesture that slightly took away from the comfortable dining experience. About 10 minutes after that, while enjoying the pancakes, we were asked if we would like them to go. A few seconds after, our plates were quickly swept away.

While possibly a little heart clogging and a meal that will without a doubt put you into a "food coma," In a Pickle is worth every single minute waiting for a seat and every bite of delicious breakfast creations.