Over 25 athletes from the men's and women's track and field team participated in their third race of the season on Sunday at the Greater Boston Track Club Invitational hosted at Harvard University. Several competitors finished at the top of their events in the critical regional meet.

Vincent Asante '14-who last week qualified for the New England Division III Championships with a third-place finish at the Dartmouth Relays-led the squad with another third-place finish in the men's 60-meter dash finals, finishing the race at 7.03 seconds, just one-tenth of a second behind second place. He also turned in a second-place finish in the men's 200-meter dash invitational with a time of 42.91 seconds.

Nick Wactor '17 raced well for the Judges, finishing ninth in the men's 400-meter dash, covering the course in 54.34. Mohamed Sidique '15 finished third in the 600-meter run with a time of one minute, 29.48 seconds.

Sidique was proud of the performance he turned in for the day, as he added an 11th place finish in the men's long jump.
"Personally, I'm coming back from injury so it's a building block," he said. "My performance wasn't bad from where I started, so I'm pretty satisfied with it as a building block."

Wactor also placed 13th in the 200-meter dash as well with a time of 24.11 seconds. Adam Berger '16 placed 22nd, Makalani Mack '16 placed 35th and Mark Franklin '17 finished one spot, and half a step, behind Mack.

Sidique stressed the importance racers placed on their coaches' advice during the day's races.

"[We didn't] try to overdo anything, just listen to the coaches," he said. "They know what they're doing so we just tried to be calm, stay focused and stay motivaed."

Omar Scruggs '17 placed eighth in the men's 800-meter run invitational with a time of 1:58.60 in the finals. Matt Doran '17 took 23rd in the men's one-mile run.

Sidique credited the successes on the day to the overall atmosphere created by fellow team members.

"I was very happy by the way the team reacted to everyone else, they were very supportive and there for each other," he explained. "If someone had an event, multiple people were there for support, and it brought a great vibe. The team is coming together and moving forward in a very positive direction. We're working towards the area where we're one as a team."
On the women's side, the Judges were led by strong performances in the one-mile run.

Victoria Sanford '14, Maddie Dolins '17 and Kelsey Whitaker '16 turned in seventh, 12th and 13th place finishes, respectively, in the race. Sanford finished in just over five minutes, clocking in at 5:05.58.

Ashley Hebard '17 took 28th in the women's 200-meter dash while Ashley Piccirillo-Horan '17 also delivered a strong performance, finishing fifth in the women's 800-meter run invitational in 2:24.47.

Alyssa Fenenbock '15 took 15th in the women's shot put, Ashley Klein '16 earned 17th and Selena Livas '17 followed in 18th place.

Both squads will compete next weekend at the Terrier Invitational at Boston University.

-Editor's note: Ashley Hebard '17 is a layout staff member of the Justice.