Hey Brandeis! This semester has just been flying by, hasn't it? Here's this week's juicy pop culture news to get you out of the midterm slump.

It took a while, but actress Kristen Bell confirmed on Twitter that she married actor Dax Shepard on Thursday in the most under-the-radar of fashions. Sources say that the couple went to get a marriage license at the Beverly Hills County Clerk Office, but a court employee offered to officiate a ceremony right there.

In the past, both Bell, 32, and Shepard, 38, have voiced their desires to have a low-key affair when the time came. The former Veronica Mars star and Shepard, who currently has a prominent role on Parenthood, had been engaged for three years. In March, Bell gave birth to their daughter, Lincoln. So why did it take so long for the couple to get married? Well, they stuck to their conviction that they would not tie the knot until California legalized gay marriage.

Back in June, when the Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act and overturned California's Proposition 8, Kristen Bell took to Twitter to re-propose to Shepard. At last, the couple has finally made things official!

Now, following news of this happy marriage comes the news of a nasty split ... among the Jonas Brothers. The brothers canceled their upcoming tour just two days before it was set to start. The band's spokesman told People Magazine, rather cryptically, that "a deep rift within the band" caused the cancelation.

While in attendance at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts Gala in Beverly Hills on Thursday, the middle brother, Joe, 24, refused to comment any further on the dissolution of the band when asked.

Supposedly, the brothers are looking to embark on solo projects again. Youngest brother Nick, 21, is said to be working on new material with his side act, Nick Jonas and the Administration. Meanwhile, oldest brother Kevin, 25, is at an entirely different stage of his life and is expecting a baby with his wife, Danielle.

What's more, the Jo Bros' official Twitter account has been deactivated, though the brothers still have their individual accounts active. Who knows what to make of all these cancelations and deactivations, but doesn't this news just make it feel like your world has been turned on its head?

Let's finish this week's pop culture recap with some super bizarre news out of Hollywood-director Michael Bay getting attacked with an air-conditioner. No, it wasn't a group of film connoisseurs so fed up with Bay's churning out puffy action flicks for the Transformers franchise who initiated the attack. On his personal blog, Bay described how on Thursday, a man came onto the set of his fourth Transformers film in Hong Kong, wielding a long air-conditioning unit. 

He alluded that the man, who also tried demanding money from the film crew, was under the influence of some drug as he tried to hit him with the air-conditioner. 

Bay was not severely injured in this attempted attack, nor was anyone else in the cast or crew. Maybe the man thought he was auditioning for the part of a Deception? More on the Transformer revolution next week!
*