The student body elected Executive Senator Ricky Rosen '14 to be the Union's next president last week. Rosen defeated challengers Student Union Treasurer David Clements '14 and Char;es River/567 Senator Daniel Schwab '14, who received 30 percent and 18 percent of the vote respectively. Rosen won with 635 votes, coming in at 41 percent of voters.

"I am privileged that the student body has placed its trust in me to represent them. But at the end of the day, it's not about me or the other newly-elected officials-it is about the 3600 students that we represent, and we cannot lose sight of that next year," wrote President-Elect Rosen in an email to the Justice.

Rosen wrote that he plans to transform the way that the Union communicates with students. In addition, he has already begun to communicate with administration and next year's E-Board members. "I intend to spend the next two weeks meeting with administrators and newly-elected Union members to make sure they know what to expect from me and what I expect from them," he wrote.

Senator at Large Charlotte Franco '15 was elected Student Union vice president with 35 percent of the vote.

"Winning this election means a lot to me," said Franco in an interview with the Justice "I've put in a lot of work over the past two years to get to this point, and it is very humbling to know that the student body believes in me to fill this position."

Franco said she plans on meeting with Rosen to establish "a structure for how the next year is going to go," and decide "what our main initiatives will be, and how we plan on delegating them and bringing them to fruition." She also said she would meet with current and future Executive Board members as well as senators to share ideas and perspectives.

"I can't wait until next year," said Franco. "I am confident that myself, the rest of the newly elected E-Board and soon to be elected Senate will continue to uphold the Brandeis mission and strengthen the union so that we are able to serve the student body to the best of our abilities."

Senator Sneha Walia '15 won the position of secretary with 47 percent of the vote.

"I'm really excited, very happy," said Walia in an interview with the Justice. "A lot of hard work paid off, and I'm really excited. I know I'm going to be working with a lot of great people."
She said her first goal would be to start working on the Union's social media outreach.

Sunny Aidasani '14, the off-campus senator and former assistant treasurer, was elected to the position of Union treasurer with 36 percent of the vote.

"The Treasurer has a lot of responsibilities and I feel honored that the student body has entrusted me with these responsibilities," wrote Aidasani in an email to the Justice. "It is my duty, in return, to serve the student body to the best of my abilities, and I have already begun working on a couple of things."

Aidasani said he has been in touch with Clements, the outgoing treasurer, and the newly elected Finance Board members to discuss the duties and responsibilities of the position.

Class of 2015 Senator Daniel Novak won the position of junior representative to the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee.

"I plan to establish a very strong relationship with the deans of arts and sciences and the rest of the academic deans to ensure that all of the students voices are heard," said Novak in an interview with the Justice. "I will reach out to different students in different majors and see what they would like to see changed within their majors."

Alex Thomson '15 was elected junior representative to the Board of Trustees. Thompson said he would begin to meet with Senior Representative to the Board of Trustees Jack Hait '14 and administrators to "make sure that the student voice is heard at the administration level as well as the board level."

He said his most important goal would be transparency in the process of tuition increases.

Flora Wang '15 and Joseph Robinow '14 were elected to serve as Brandeis Sustainability Fund Representatives. Wang had previously served in the position.

"I hope to continue working on the projects in progress and see them through into the next year as well as reach out to students who have spoken to me about their potential proposals," said Wang.

Mohamed Ali '14, Teresa Fong '15, Bronia Goldman '14 and Aliza Kahn '15 were elected to the four open seats on the finance board.

Xiaoyue Sun '16 was elected Racial Minority F-Board Member.

The second round of elections will take place from midnight to midnight on Thursday, and will include the following positions and candidates: Claire Sinai '15, Sarah Park '14, Maris Ryger-Wasserman '16, Michael Abrams '15, Michael DeFeo '15, Jordan Schwartz '16 and Zakaria Hussein '15 for Associate Justice; Andre Ve Tran, Annie Chen and Owen Voelker for Class of 2014 Senator; Caiwei Zheng and Anna Bessendorf for Class of 2015 Senator; Andrew Chang, Jonathan Jacob, Zack Weaver and Kathy Nguyen for Class of 2016 Senator; Biana Gotlibovsky '15, James Polite '15 and Daniel Schwab '14 for Senator at Large; and Ari Azani '15, Naomi DePina '16 and Khadijah Lynch '15 for Racial Minorty Senator.

There are two seats available for each class and for Senator at Large, five seats for Associate Justice and one seat for Racial Minority Senator.