*

The men's and women's swimming and diving squads reached the end of their seasons at the University Athletic Association Championships on Feb. 13, hosted by the University of Chicago.
*
After a memorable campaign in which Brandeis fielded a swim team for the first time since the 2009-2010 season, the Judges looked to conclude their monumental season with a wave of unique successes. 
*
While the squads' lack of depth resulted in an eighth-place finish at the championship meet, each team proved that, with an expanded program, it has the potential to excel on a bigger stage. The men registered 339 points, while the women's side accumulated 212 points.
*
Holly Spicer '13 noted that while it may take a few seasons to gain the necessary depth to succeed, the Judges are on the right track.
"There is a lot of talent on our team," she said. "We are just too small to be competitive right now.  Every year, the team will slowly increase and get stronger." 
*
Max Fabian '15 led the charge for the men, securing a fourth-place result in the one-mile event, finishing in 16 minutes, 13.83 seconds, a school record. The sophomore transfer from Connecticut College fell just short of securing the Judges' first All-Association honor since 2009. Yet, he ended his 2012-13 season on a high note, meeting the NCAA Division III Championship 'B' Standard.  
*
Padraig Murphy '14 and Manu Wendum '15 finished 20th and 24th, respectively, in the 200-yard backstroke. Murphy surged to the finish line in 2:00.94, closely followed by Wendum, who finished in 2:28.94. 
*
Spicer ended her collegiate swimming career with a triumphant performance in the 200-yard breaststroke, placing 17th with a time of 2:31.41. While she ultimately fell short of qualifying for the 'B' finals, the result launched Spicer to a victory in the 'C' finals.
*
The women's squad made a splash in several other key events. Eliza Kopelman '15 dove to a 14th-place finish in the one-meter event, securing a score of 254.70. Theresa Gaffney '16 and Lauren Cruz '16 represented a dynamic duo for the first-years on the squads, placing in the top 25 in their respective events. Gaffney finished 21st in the 1,650-yard freestyle meet, securing a time of 19:08.73, while Cruz raced to a 23rd place finish in the 200-yard backstroke with a time of 2:14.79.  
*
While the season may be over, Spicer acknowledged the work for the Judges has just begun. 
*
"They definitely have a bright future ahead of them, and the program is moving in the right direction," she said.