*

Down 50-49 with two minutes left, Team Madness had one free throw coming and a chance to tie the men's intramural basketball championship game. They missed, and without injured star guard Robinson Vilmont '16, Team Madness would not score again the rest of the way, falling to the Patchworkers 52-49 on Wednesday night. 
*
The women's game was not as close, as The Quitters defeated Thirteen, 46-32, directly after the men's game. Former varsity players Rebecca Raffler '14 and Jackie Morrissey '14 were just too much for Thirteen.
*
Assistant Athletic Trainer Jason Byrne, a player for the Patchworkers, said that Vilmont's injury was a turning point in the game.
*
"In the second half, the game definitely changed when Robinson went out," he said. "It changed their team dynamic, and we took advantage."
Terrell Hollins, an assistant coach for the varsity men's basketball team, led the team with 31 points, although he said he had been averaging at least 40 in the playoffs. 
*
Vilmont scored 12 points before leaving the game with 15:06 to go in the second half. Hollins said the plan was to put former assistant soccer coach Ari Silver '12 on him to try and slow him down, but the injury ultimately cost Team Madness the game.
*
Even without Vilmont, though, Team Madness had a chance to steal the game from the Patchworkers. However, the staff team's deliberate play and solid defense helped.
*
"We did our best to not commit any dumb fouls," said Byrne. "We didn't make any stupid plays, because we didn't want to extend the game. We didn't let them get into the paint."
*
Ernest Williams '15 led Team Madness with 18 points. Associate Director of Admissions Jared Rivers contributed 14 for the Patchworkers.'
*
The women's game became a blowout midway through the second half. With 15 minutes left, the Quitters held a 26-15 lead. At the 12:53 mark, the Quitters' fourth straight fast break layup gave them a 34-15 lead and put the game out of reach.
*
Thirteen made a push toward the end as they finished the game on a 17-12 run, but it was too little too late for the gritty runner-ups.
"We won that game with teamwork, with those extra passes" Morrissey said. "Our man-to-man was really good, really aggressive."
*
Raffler led the Quitters with 16 points. Morrissey had 12 and Emily Belowich '15 added seven. Sarah Johnson '13 and Abigail Pearlman '16 led Thirteen with nine points apiece.