I love to see Student Events' logo attached to an event, because it can only mean one thing: free food. Because of this association, I suggest that students would benefit more from an increase in collaborative Student Events activities, which could augment the exposure of multiple clubs on campus.

At a university where hundreds of clubs exist and vie for student attention, this could be a welcome change to the way events are planned.

The non-collaborative Student Events activities are lacking.  

If you ask a random group of students, how many of them could tell you the difference between Louis Louis week and Bronstein week, two of Student Events' largest annual undertakings? Do they look forward to Student Events' activities?

These questions would likely be met with some sort of quizzical look; they are unaware of the fact that Louis Louis and Bronstein weeks are an attempt at school spirit.
On their own, Student Events' activities lack any sort of draw other than "free, fun stuff," and therefore Student Events specific events tend to fall flat. Rather, if Student Events coordinated its activities with other events on campus, student turnout would surely increase.  
As it stands, Student Events does great work on campus; for example, the Munchie Mobile inspires a mad rush from the dorms to the SUV delivering pizzas across the campus. However, what I love even more are the events they put on in conjunction with other clubs. I love that Student Events spiced up SCRAM Jam by providing more funding for the event and securing the graffiti wall, which allowed students to take home fun pictures from the event.
I love that Student Events provided pizza and hot chocolate for the men's NCAA Tournament games that took place here last weekend. I love when they collaborate with WBRS for SpringFest because then I know that the bands are going to be popular.  

It won't be exclusively indie stuff espoused by WBRS-we're getting something I've actually heard on the radio before, like fun. or Far East Movement.

That's what Student Events excels at: using incentives like munchkins and the graffiti wall to bring uniformly enjoyable activities to a wide base of students.   

By using a partnership model, with Student Events working towards having some sort of collaborative role in events, student participation in performances and activities on campus could blossom.

This idea fits into the mission of Student Events, explained on its website, that "Student Events is a volunteer student organization that supports the mission of Brandeis University by providing cultural, educational, recreational, and social programs designed for the entire Brandeis community," and it achieves the goal of increasing student turnout.

For that reason, I offer the following proposition: Student Events should become more of a support base for other clubs. It can be an aid for groups that are having activities that could use a bit of a spark.

By using activities of other groups that have a specific vision, such as fundraising for a charity or giving a museum more exposure, Student Events can incentivize students to attend these different activities on campus. This, in my opinion, is a much better appropriation of resources than some of the Student Events-specific events, like having a bounce castle in the Shapiro Campus Center, which do not explicitly espouse any sort of goal or broaden student exposure to different clubs.

There are a multitude of events at Brandeis that could benefit from this type of partnership.
One example would be the annual music festival in Slosberg put on by the different ensembles in the Music department.

What if Student Events had a cotton candy machine set up in lower campus that drew students away from Rabb and closer to where the festival was taking place?
The event and the Music department could benefit immensely from that kind of collaboration.  
Additionally, consider athletic events. Imagine if Student Events gave out pizza to students with their Brandeis ID at basketball games in a fashion akin to what they did for the NCAA games-I'd bet that more students would attend, and many of them would even stick around after the pizza boxes were empty to watch the game and cheer on the team.

Partnerships could be implemented through a request process, whereby clubs could request some sort of collaboration with Student Events.

Or Student Events could review the schedules of different venues on campus, like the Shapiro Campus Center Atrium or Levin Ballroom, to see if they would be able to form a partnership with a club that is holding an event there.

These partnerships wouldn't have to be mutually exclusive to long-standing traditions of Student Events like the Louis Louis and Bronstein weeks, either.
Given the proper schedule and budget management, events can coincide with each other to both elevate the attendance at Student Event activities and the activities of other clubs. If executed well, this idea could really help Student Events do what every club wishes they could: reach the most students possible.
*