The Brandeis Judges completed an impressive week Saturday, beating Case Western Reserve University 2-0 on Gordon Field. The victory, on the heels of a 1-0 victory over Wheaton College Wednesday night, allowed Brandeis to extend its unbeaten streak to 17 games and move the team to 11-0-1 on the season.

Both games featured new players finding the score sheet. Wednesday's victory over Wheaton featured the second goal of the season by Tudor Livadaru '14, his first game winner. "It felt pretty good. It was long awaited for," said Livardu, who took a pass near the top of the box and buried it into the top right corner in the 71st minute for the game winner. Steve Salazar '14 scored the first goal of his Brandeis career Saturday, converting a one-timer in the 72nd minute ensuring Saturday's win.

The win over Case moved Brandeis to 1-0-1 in University Athletic Association competition. The first half of the Case game was slow-paced, featuring a combined three shots on goal from a 12 shot total. After forcing Blake Minchoff '13 to make a superb save in the 49th minute, Brandeis capitalized on the counter attack when midfielder Sam Ocel '13 received a cross from Tyler Savonen '15 and netted his team leading fourth game winner. The goal was Ocel's fifth on the season, second to the nine from Lee Russo '13.

After nearly allowing an equalizer in the 60th minute, Brandeis set itself up well for the insurance goal. After Livadaru beat a midfielder on the goal line, he left a pass in front of the net for Salazar, who one-touched it into a wide open net in the 72nd minute. The goal was Salazar's first collegiate goal, and ensured the victory as the always-stingy Brandeis allowed only one shot by Case after Salazar's goal. The shutout by Minchoff was his fifth during the season, second only to NYU and tied with Rochester.

Livadaru had a strong week, with an assist and a team-high three shots in Saturday's win and the game winner in Wednesday's win. His strong play Wednesday was complemented by the resurgent play of Robbie Lynch '15. Lynch, who made a number of runs down the right side of the pitch resulting in good chances for Brandeis, saw his performance prior to Wednesday as below par.

"I came off a groin injury last week, and I was finally healthy and felt good," said Lynch. "I wanted to let my team know I wanted to get forward more." Lynch did his job in getting the ball forward, with four individual runs deep into the Wheaton zone. However, it was in the 72nd minute that Lynch's hard work paid off.

Moving the ball down the right side, he passed the ball to a streaking Livadaru who converted a strike from 25 yards out for the game winner.

Wednesday's win was not without tension, however. In the dying moments, Brandeis fell victim to a wet field and gave the ball away, allowing Wheaton one last free kick attempt at tying the game. As the kick sailed high, Brandeis walked off a winner over their New England rivals. "The UAA games are important," said Coach Michael Coven, "but we still have our tradition New England games. This is a big game."

Coven, although happy with the result, said that one can never be too confident in a 1-0 victory, especially with the tough conditions of a wet field. "I think we dominated play, but if we make a stupid play at the end, next thing you know, with 13 seconds left they have a chance right outside the box. Anything can happen."

The win on Saturday dropped Case to 0-2-0 in UAA play and 3-8-1 overall. Though Case outshot Brandeis 8-4 in the second half, Brandeis had eight shots of their own in the first half and outshot Case overall, 14-12.

The game was a very physical game, with each side committing about 15 fouls. Coven realizes that UAA games are tough, physical games, which take a lot out of a player. It is in these games that Coven stresses that a player must give everything they have. Earlier this season, Coven stressed the importance of UAA matches. "The UAA teams have five of the top 20 New England Schools. We have to play even better to beat UAA teams," Coven said two weeks ago.

Brandeis has the week off before beginning a Midwest trip for UAA matches. The Judges travel to Chicago Friday night for a match against the University of Chicago before going to St. Louis for a Sunday afternoon game at Washington University in St. Louis.