Hollywood is making a pit stop in Waltham.

Jewish Life Television, a 24-hour network based in Los Angeles that nationally broadcasts Jewish programming, partnered with Brandeis Athletics on June 19 to provide coverage of the Judges to its nationwide audience.

The network plans to utilize a unique news ticker similar to ESPN's display, providing results from the Judges' games and matches throughout its daily programming. JLTV anchors will also produce features that illuminate the accomplishments of Brandeis athletes and coaches.

JLTV, which launched in 2007, offers an array of programs that include films, documentaries, music and special events. The network boasts broadcast studios in locations ranging from New York, Los Angeles and Toronto to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. According to Brad Pomerance, senior vice president of news and programming, JLTV has expanded its viewer base to 33 million households in just five years, while also forging partnerships with Comcast and DirecTV.

Despite the Hollywood-based entity's growth, there was a missing piece in JLTV's arsenal: broadcast of college sports.

Enter Brandeis University.

The two parties worked tirelessly over the summer to create a framework for the collaboration, and by late August, JLTV was already airing Judges results.

Brandeis and JLTV, though, have yet to introduce their ace in the hole.

Pomerance and Brandeis Sports Information Director Adam Levin both expressed that the next logical step in this partnership will be to air a weekly "Brandeis minute" segment on the network. In an ideal setting, Brandeis Television would direct, produce and film the segment, which would aired to a national audience on JLTV's news programming.

Levin stated that BTV's involvement would be vital in accomplishing this goal.

"BTV's involvement is absolutely crucial," he said. "Our objective is to engage the Brandeis community, provide them with the opportunity for a national audience and allow them to be more engaged with our athletics."

Pomerance noted that this weekly event would be completely innovative, allowing for college anchors to showcase their segments to a nationwide viewing base.

"The ultimate goal is to have this entirely new weekly wrap-up, which would be produced by BTV," he said. "Brandeis students would be able to anchor these professional shows, which to me, is an opportunity that is simply unheard of."

There is slow movement in these discussions with BTV, according to Levin, but the two parties hope to air the weekly segment by the start of next semester.

Pomerance said the collaboration with Brandeis was a logical choice for the network in light of its desire to expand its sports programming.

"It's a fact that Americans love college sports," he said. "Our viewing base is constituted largely by fans of well-known Jewish institutions, and Brandeis fits that mold perfectly."

Levin echoed this sentiment, stating that the potential partnership posed a great opportunity for Brandeis athletics to expand its visibility.

"This is an entirely exclusive framework," he said. "The network is carried on multiple providers and promotes the promise of great exposure. No other college organization can boast this type of partnership with a network like JLTV."

JLTV's sports division currently prides itself on its exclusive coverage and broadcasting of the Maccabiah Games. The worldwide competition is held once every four years and is the third largest sporting event in the world. The network also offers a weekly sports segment hosted by former Olympic gymnast Mitch Gaylord as well as a wide variety of documentaries.

Pomerance stated that JLTV desired to expand its visibility in the Jewish sporting world, adding that there was no better way to do this than to partner with Brandeis, a notable Jewish-affiliated institution.

"Brandeis has a rich history in Jewish studies, and the school has a cultural grounding," said Pomerance. "We wanted to link our interests in Jewish programming with an institution that is of great interest to us and our viewing base. It just seemed like a natural fit."

The Judges compete in the University Athletic Association, one of the most competitive conferences in Division III athletics.

Given its prestige, the UAA is a market that JLTV will certainly wish to utilize.

Pomerance stated his expectations for the success of this joint venture hinged on two goals.

"We want Brandeis to be involved, but also, increase visibility with a devoted alumni base in Boston and throughout the nation," he said.

The Judges have proven that they are ready for the bright lights of California.

Get ready, ladies and gentlemen. It's showtime.